Another DC-5 Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeyburst

Reaction score
okay....per a few ideas from people here, I'm running the EQ (or the Tube Screamer) through the effects loop. For those new to my problem, I'm trying to get a lead boost.....Running them through the front wasn't doing what I wanted, but running through the effects loop is doing GREAT !

now, my problem. When I plug into the effects loop, my tone changes....even with the effect turned off........why? and what can I do to correct this ?.....also, when the effect is turned ON....my reverb seems to be turned up almost double what the knob is set on (no, I'm not plugged into the reverb jack)....any help would be greatly appreciated....gig tomorrow night

Pre-Thanks,
Bryan

Pedals are usually not the correct signal strength for an effects loop. You need some kind of buffer to bring them up to line level to be compatible with the loop.

use a Carl Martin Hydra Boost, it's true bypass and does not alter your tone. I've had this same problem for years using a EQ pedal into my fx loop, then a friend turned me onto this Hydra Boost pedal.

Latest posts

Back