Analogman Maxon OD-9 Silver Mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone tried an Analogman modded OD-9 with their Rectifier? From the Best Boost thread, it seems like the OD-808 is popular - wondering how this OD-9 would compare. There is one on my local Craig's List that I may snap up.

I wouldn't go out of your way to get a modded tubescreamer (Analogman or Keeley) if you're using it as a clean boost for a recto. You want the tubescreamer to cut lows, and push the mids, which is what all the stock ones basically do.

The mods by Analogman and Keeley make them better standalone overdrives....they have more lows and smoother mids. This is not what you're trying to achieve if using it as a boost to improve a rectifier IMO.

The Maxon OD808 is my favorite for the rectifier.

That said, if you can get the modded one for less or the same price as a Maxon OD808, I'd say go for it. It will still work very well.

Thanks for the info.

The listed price is the same as a new 808, but I would expect to be able to knock a few bucks off it. Maybe I'll just get both - its almost tax return time. :D

I put the Maxon od-9 in front of my dual, it didnt do anything special to the dirty sound, but the solos sounded very tight yet rounded. nice but i dont think its worth the $150 for the pedal.

Latest posts

Back