Am I the only one to run the 6600 below the centre line?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Random Hero

Reaction score
Like, way below?

Bear in mind I usually have my presence pulled, so I'm sure that factors into it, but I tend to have my 6600 slider pretty far down for thick lead tones. The trend seems to be to have it atleast on the middle line?

I like to put mine RIGHT below the middle line sometimes so the very top of the rectangle is touching the middle line

Absolutely not the only one. I do as well in my DC5 for certain guitars that are inherently bright. But in my MKIII, the 6.6K is always somewhere below the center and the presence is already down to about 2-3.

Edward

I run mine near the top line, and run presence on 5. I can only imagine how much you guys would HATE bright peaveys, laneys, marshalls, ect.

Platypus said:
I like to put mine RIGHT below the middle line sometimes so the very top of the rectangle is touching the middle line

bingo. presence about 2

The 750 slider is the most powerful influence for tone change it seems to me.

Agreed. I put 750 smack dab between the middle and lower line, no higher, no lower. Lots o guys like lower, but it's too scooped for me that way, same with the presence pull out. Still has the tightest punchiest lowend ever.

Latest posts

Back