Alabama Shootout - The DC-5 Challenge

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha Ha Ha! :lol:

This is a hilarious thread..... funny the logic employed here to resist/avoid the Mark V G.A.S.

I've had a DC-5 before...and it is no way shape or form even as good as the DC-3/2 let alone the any of the Mark amps, lol!

Extreme has no balls?? I put this clip together 30 mins after I got my Mark V home with the Extreme mode. It has only gotten better since. The Mark V may not be for you but it certainly does not lack in the balls department:

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/75-This%20is%20Absolution%20%28rough%29.mp3

Here is another clip of the Mark IV mode

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/84-Damage%20Inc%20%28no%20boost%29.mp3

Love the Monty Python references. :lol:

My DC-10 sounds great, does all I need it to and is simple. I don't need another amp but once a MV is in stock near me I'm going to have to try it out alongside my DC. I certainly hope I don't like it that much more, GAS is getting expensive.

I can't agree with danyeo1's comment about all guitars sounding the same in the DC. My PRS Custom 24, Dean USA Hardtail and USA Strat Deluxe all sound very different from one another. I don't use as much gain though as many members on this board like, from what I've heard of their clips, so maybe that makes some difference.

lockbody, I'm not going to get caught in your crossfire but will watch from the sidelines to see if any blood gets spilled. :twisted:

MJ Slaughter said:
Love the Monty Python references. :lol:
Lockbody, I'm not going to get caught in your crossfire but will watch from the sidelines to see if any blood gets spilled. :twisted:

Thanks man, you're the best! I guess being in this cartel doesn't get you much. :lol:

MJ Slaughter said:
I can't agree with danyeo1's comment about all guitars sounding the same in the DC. My PRS Custom 24, Dean USA Hardtail and USA Strat Deluxe all sound very different from one another. I don't use as much gain though as many members on this board like, from what I've heard of their clips, so maybe that makes some difference.

Correctamundo, without a doubt. My two Strats sound plenty different with my DC-5. I'm not sure how anyone could think that all their guitars sounded the same.

JAZZGEAR got it mostly right. I'm mostly trying to avoid GAS, but in my case, and only in my case, my DC-5 does almost exactly what I need it to. I sold a six month old Stiletto II Deuce to buy a used DC-5, because for me, the DC smoked the Stiletto. I missed the low-end punch of 6L6s that the Stiletto just couldn't give me. (Remember I buy amps that I like. No one should ever buy anything because someone else thinks you should.)

But the DC-5 isn't perfect. Ch 2 has a certain low-mid tone that can't be dialed out no matter what you do. Same for gain. I miss the "crispness" of my old Mk IV. I can get close with my Strat, but forget it with a humbucker equipped guitar. I also miss being able to dial back Ch2 to to more of a mid-gain sound like you could with the Mk IV on Ch 3. Sometimes I want to have the disto channel just be "more" of the clean channel, you know similar in tone and all, just a big kick in the pants. For the life of me I can't get Ch 2 to sound remotely like "more" of Ch 1.

But I'd never trade my DC-5 for a Mk IV. Not even an even swap. I didn't like how tight Ch 1 was, as I like my cleans more hairy, round, and loose like a good Fender (which I own), and if I did get it close, it made Ch 2 sound like a$$ due to the shared controls. Ch 3 served me well for the three years I owned the amp, but I always thought it sounded sort of dated compared to a lot of other amps. I know the de-tuned metal scene breathed new life into the Mks due to how tight they are at low tunings, but I don't play de-tuned metal. My DC-5 simply smokes my old Mk IV in the gain dept, and doesn't sound so dated either.

Maybe I've set my expectations too high.

Well , lets quit wastin time and get to the heart of the matter.

The facts of the matter is "your Wallet" cant afford a Mark V and " Your Wife " is not going to let buy one even if you could. Youve maxed out you plastic and your just jealous that you cant post about how great the Mark V sounds.
So now you want one to bring their Mark V to your house so you can offer them your DC 5 and some cash with the hope that they are dumb enough to trade.

You should have titled you post Alabama Stupid.

lol

wnlively

wnlively said:
Well , lets quit wastin time and get to the heart of the matter.

The facts of the matter is "your Wallet" cant afford a Mark V and " Your Wife " is not going to let buy one even if you could. Youve maxed out you plastic and your just jealous that you cant post about how great the Mark V sounds.
So now you want one to bring their Mark V to your house so you can offer them your DC 5 and some cash with the hope that they are dumb enough to trade.

You should have titled you post Alabama Stupid.

lol

wnlively

Oh, Oh, Oh! You've cut me to the quick with your rapier wit.

:roll:

Well the truth is I didnt tell my wife when I bought the mark V.
Maybe my post was a little strong , sorry :mrgreen:

wnlively

wn:

The fact of the matter is you're just another one of the rude, illiterate sons of bitches who's joined this forum in the last six months. Shut your godamn mouth.

Come on now fella,s, play nicely/ It,s our civility here that separates us from some of the other musician/gear boards around.

We should all try our best to maintain a good level of courtesy & respect towards each other. The venom & name calling is so, so......HC! :)

And anyway, we,re all Mesa owners/users, so we,re all already better than everyone else! (only kidding of course, :p !)

gts said:
munch.gif

(thanks gts)

holy_hand_grenade_of_antioch.jpg

Who remembers how you're supposed to count when u throw this thing?? I don't want it to go off in my hands. let the mesa mob war continue and thank god for monty python!!! :lol:

well i might have just joined and I might not be real smart.
but i do know how to comnunicate with out cussing.

I also did say that i am sorry , my post was a lttle strong.

But knowing i got next to you was worth it all.
So cuss on brother your just showing your true being

wnlively said:
well i might have just joined and I might not be real smart.
but i do know how to comnunicate with out cussing.

I also did say that i am sorry , my post was a lttle strong.

But knowing i got next to you was worth it all.
So cuss on brother your just showing your true being

welcome

it's all good in my view. You made things right.

stick around. There's a few of us here that just won't go away. You might as well be one of them ! haha

Latest posts

Back