Ace Combo 1x12 Transformer Clicking?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jared

Reaction score
I brought this up in an earlier thread which is way down the page and this seems to have been overlooked.

Playing in either spongy or bold, I get the occasional random clicking from what seems to be the large power transformer. Sometimes, it's in rapid succession and seems to coincide with some hum/static that I hear through the speaker at the same time when moving the guitar around, playing it or not playing it.

Is this something that will cause the transformer to go? Should I be concerned to hear this thing clicking at low volumes (let alone a gig when I'd have no way of knowing)? Why would a very new amp have this sort of problem?

Help? THANK you.

jared said:
I brought this up in an earlier thread which is way down the page and this seems to have been overlooked.

Playing in either spongy or bold, I get the occasional random clicking from what seems to be the large power transformer. Sometimes, it's in rapid succession and seems to coincide with some hum/static that I hear through the speaker at the same time when moving the guitar around, playing it or not playing it.

Is this something that will cause the transformer to go? Should I be concerned to hear this thing clicking at low volumes (let alone a gig when I'd have no way of knowing)? Why would a very new amp have this sort of problem?

Help? THANK you.

Have you tried calling Mesa? I would start there.

+1 bring it back for guarantee maintanence. none of my ACE's has ever produced such noises, though I have to admit that the fans are loud when you play at bedroom level.

I took it back to my dealer and got store credit towards a new Mark IV. Way more versatile and more what I'm looking for. Brand new never plugged in unit. Looking forward to success with a Mesa! The Ace definetly had issues with the transformer and other noise without even playing through it. Rather than have a less than 3 week old amp sent out for repair, I returned it and got the Mark IV!

Back