A major breahtrough with opening up my MKIV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boogiebabies said:
mule#1 said:
Boogiebabies said:
What, that old thing. It's a 93 i've had since 2000. Fargin unreal !!!
The Warren Haynes mod is the removal of one cap across the lead gain pot. I've tried it
and it is like butter. When you get the gain above 6 and Master volume over 4 it does not matter that much.

That's a nice looking amp. If you ever decide to sell it send me a PM :D

You would never believe the history or significance to Soldano of this amp.
It's not a serialized production amp. :D

In ten years I have never once thought of selling it.

Your children are circled about the fire...tell us a story, oh wise one...tell us a story of heroes and legends and tone of the gods...

Chip

Your children are circled about the fire...tell us a story, oh wise one...tell us a story of heroes and legends and tone of the gods...
[/quote]

I do believe the full tale is required here! I would never tell you I have a one of a kind MK IV B+ and leave you hanging :lol:

Boogiebabies said:
Alright, the amp was owned by Peter Griffin before Family Guy fame..... :wink:

Or will the story be played out by our hero Robert Langdon in the next Dan Brown book........................."The Soldano Code"

If you are a Boogie guy, then no use for an SLO. I bought one a couple years ago and tried really hard to get into it. You have to have the thing CRAAAAANKED for it to sound good and it is a completely different beast than the Marks in every way. I found that since I've played Marks since the mid 80's and this was the first "non-Mark" amp I experimented with, I was just trying to get it to sound like a Mark. So I sold it a few months ago. The quality of SLO's is incomparable to anything else; military grade components, etc., but the "cheaper" Marks are the way to go for me.

Mark Fore said:
If you are a Boogie guy, then no use for an SLO. I bought one a couple years ago and tried really hard to get into it. You have to have the thing CRAAAAANKED for it to sound good and it is a completely different beast than the Marks in every way. I found that since I've played Marks since the mid 80's and this was the first "non-Mark" amp I experimented with, I was just trying to get it to sound like a Mark. So I sold it a few months ago. The quality of SLO's is incomparable to anything else; military grade components, etc., but the "cheaper" Marks are the way to go for me.

I agree they are well built and sound great when I've heard them. I never played one though. I have just gotten so attached to the Boogie tone. I have to say I've had only one problem in all the years with any of my boogies. I've logged thousands of road miles with a bunch of different boogies and only one show failure. And that was a dirty effects loop 4 songs from the end with my old DC-5.

Latest posts

Back