'86 Bay Area Thrash

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzgod

Reaction score
OK...so how are all the thrash maniacs coming along with their MkIIC+ Crunch Berries tone re-creations...or am I the only one attempting time travel to 1986 on a daily basis??

It's probably just me, but I just can't get the IIc+ to sound just the way I want it. It just sounds too thin and fragile to me. If anyone has some suggestions, please fill me in. I think the Mark IV setting sounds much more full and ballsy.

hey lester,

interesting...i've not played an original CII+, but i've got something perty close to a good speed metal tone going on the C channel. I dig the MkIV mode too, but it's more bassy and gainy than the C...the way I play (i've got an obscenely heavy-handed pick attack...my strings hate me) it's too much for a trip down Master of Puppets lane...but i'll take your advice and mess around with the IV.

btw, how do you like the mesa thiele cab? i wanna play the MkV out of an extension cab to minimize some of the shock to the 'brains' (got a combo) and the port seems interesting

cheers

OK enough talk. Let's get the music doing the talking now.

Let's see some sound clips to go with all this great advice. I think it great you guys are willing to share your settings, but it would be way better to hear them as well. Especially for some of us still trying to determine which amp to go with or looking to try something new.

Lester,

After taking some time to educate myself, I see what you mean...since you seem to be an enlightened cat: it seems like the MkIV Mode has the ability to jump between a C+ w gEQ (needs some heavy MID scooping) and a MkIV LEAD...is this your experience too?

Thanks, man.

Latest posts

Back