5150 loud

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

verrill.d

Reaction score
my 5150 head seems to be getting louder white noise than normal. i'm running a 5150 head with a hush super c, bbe 482i, dbx eq, korg dtr-1000, and a alesis power conditioner threw the effects loop. in front im running a esp w/ emgs into a tube screamer no other effects directly into the input. brief history- bought the head new, i have changed the tubes every year since. my question- is there any comon things in the 5150 that wears and needs to be replaced, ie- transformers, fuses, diodes? any advice would be greatly appreciated!
d/

maybe a bad filter cap? That hush super c should make that amp as quiet as when the amp is off.

Check/clean the jacks, especially the FX loop jacks. A good contact cleaner is fine. This is the single most common issue, and plenty easy to avoid/fix. Can cause volume fluctuation, dropouts and a host of other cool (tongue firmly in cheek) stuff....

the hush used to make it super quite when not playing. ive never cleaned the fx input/output, ill try tomorrow at practice. im also running all monster which should help as well. where is the filter cap located? it seems intermittent.

the ceramic caps in the 5150 are more susceptible to picking up noise than poly or mica caps. The power amp not biased right stock either.

Latest posts

Back