.50 caliber+ head vs dc-5 head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwongivan

Reaction score
im new with mesa, n i have so many question, please help!

they are both 50v n i wonder how loud would they get if comparing to a marshall jcm 900

since im not getting a cab, i will have to use the head with a marshall 1960 cab at live houses, i tried to use a dual rect solo head with the marshall cab n it sounded totally bad, so im thinking if it was a caliber or dc-5, how will they sound with a marshall cab?

what are the difference between these 2 heads? beside dc-5 has separate eqs for each channel

thinking of getting either one of them

50 caliber+ - $350
dc-5 - $750

which one should i get?

well, it depends, bud i prefer cal 50+ most from all boogie heads, especially on thrash, HC etc.
jcm900 will fall before any of these heads.
I used to have DC, it sounded darker, perhaps more modern, but after half year of using ive connected Cal50+ and i was surprised, that was my sound :D more raw,agressive, but there also were 5881tubes in poweramp and in DC was mesa 6L6. Anyway, ive never felt bad about selling it, perhaps if ive tryed some other tubes, it would be different....
if Cal50+ would be here for 350usd, i'll own a lot of them :)

most defiantly go with the DC-5 and send me the info for the .50Cal. You'd really hate the .50 Cal, I'm doing you a favor, so do me a favor and send me the info for the .50 cal please.

Latest posts

Back