.50 caliber head. no tube guard??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woemoejack

Reaction score
anyone else with a 50 cal not have the metal bar going across the back to protect the power tubes? if not, anyone rig something up useful to protect them? I can just see them getting shattered.

woemoejack said:
anyone else with a 50 cal not have the metal bar going across the back to protect the power tubes? if not, anyone rig something up useful to protect them? I can just see them getting shattered.

don't have any protection on power tube (the preamp one have a protection)... i have the head version and never had any problem with it...

Older amps don't have these, but I believe you can buy them from Mesa. They charge by the length.
I have used a piece of cardboard, sliding it under the handle and creasing it where it drops over the back. The cover holds it in place.

Called Mesa on saturday. They called me back on Monday, and I was able to order a tube guard for the 50 caliber. Now thats customer service. He basically said, "we dont make them, but if you measure the length we can cut you one." Imagine if all companies had the power and customer dedication to fabricate a one off peice of hardware per request. Amazing experience

Yes it must be difficult to operate an automatic saw ;)

I took mine out of my Mark III and never installed it into the new cabinet...

Latest posts

Back