4x12 Mesa Boogie half-back cab question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sevenstrings7

Reaction score
from an older ebay auction:
Up for grabs is a Mesa Boogie MS-12 speaker. These original Mesa speakers are getting rare and hard to find.

This is an 8 ohm speaker and rated for 150 watts. These were the speakers that Mesa Boogie installed in their 80's steel mesh Mesa Boogie 4x12 cabinets.They are manufactured by Eminence and regarded as being superb sounding speakers !
The number on the back of the speaker is: 67-8540 12690
credit to MesieBooga

your cab is similar to this cab, isnt it?

0c31_2.jpg

post pics, man! i love these cabs!
baba.gif

I'm guessing those are EV's, judging from the wattage. Black Shadow C-90s and MC-90s are Celestions and are rated at 90 watts.
8)

sorry to bring this back from the dead but the speakers with horse picture are eminence. The two bottom speakers look like the top two but don't have a label and probably are the same eminence 150 watt speakers. I have the 212 variant of the cab which came with an MC90 up top and eminence 50 watter on bottom. I replaced the eminence with an EV 12L and like the results.

I heard those speakers are supposed to sound pretty nice and there's probably zero speaker breakup going on when cranked.

Greg

Latest posts

Back