49 instrument cables compred in GP mag

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerseydrew

Reaction score
Though George L's sound good, it's been my experience that they're too flimsy. If you're gonna use them in a studio or for your pedal board they're great. If you're gonna use them for "live action", I would look elsewhere. That's my opinion. ymmv

I like the Planet Waves cables.

I use .155 George L's on my pedal board and in my effects loop. I use a .225 George L's from the pedal board to the amp.

I use an old cloth covered cable from the guitar to the pedal board (or from the guitar to the amp when I don't use pedals.

I have the thinner George L (from Lava cable); only annoyance is that it [seemingly?] twists and tangles more than most - maybe the cable isn't heavy enough to transfer twist/torque to the plugs? I also have some Mogami/Neutrik cables I made using parts from Redco and I really like those.

As a recovering hi-fi nut, I just can't get worked up over guitar cables. :wink: Then again, I'm just a hack!

Yea, I read that review too along with the pedal board segment.
The thing is for people like me who already have purchased over $600.00 in Monster Rock cables (or some other brand) I'm not about to start over.
I liked the way my set up sounded before reading the article and I still like it after reading it. At some point you just need to step back and say "I like the way my rig souds" and leave it at that. Running a signal through a metering scope is one thing. What you actually hear is going to be something entirely different.
I thought Hendrix sounded great using his ten dollar radio shack telephone cord type cable. It still comes down to the fingers.

Latest posts

Back