300 series

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinC

Reaction score
Hello One and All,

This is my first post on the boards to say hello. I've picked my guitar up again for the first time in many moons and finally got around to turning the boogie back on and just remembering how much of a gear junkie I am. I've got a Mk iib Series 300 and wondered if there is a thread here or register somewhere of the series 300 amps histories or owners, seeing as they are terribly rare in the grand scheme of things. I've had mine for 10 years and bought it from a family member who owned it for a few before that but would love to find out it's history.

Thanks and happy playing everyone.

http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/welcome.html

Visit this site, it's got loads and loads and loads of good information, couple of Coliseum amps up there. Care to post some pictures?

Thanks for the link.

http://gallery.me.com/justincoleman#100016

There are some pics, none of them very exciting and yes that is a bunch of cobwebs all over it.

I paid about 400 dollars over 10 years ago and at the time had no idea what it was other than a Boogie. It had been living in a garden shed for a while and was owned by my uncle who very kindly sold it for a great price to help out a young budding metal head, as I was at the time. I used it for a few years intensively but it's spent much of the last 6 years sitting in various flats I've lived in with no speaker cab to play it through. Hopefully that's about to change with the purchase of a 1x12 widebody cab.

It's currently getting a clean and I'll shortly be ordering some new valves seeing as these are getting on for 15 years old at least. It currently has 4 Mesa 6L6's 1 Peavey 6L6 and a Mesa 415 in the power stage. The amp has no Reverb and has the Presence control on the front panel. The EQ has seen better days and quite frankly it could do with some TLC. If anyone knows of a good UK based tech or shop please let me know! The serial is K288.

You're in the UK? Whereabouts?

I send my old amps to John Kelley - he's in northeast London, used to work in the factory with Randall Smith back in the 70's, so the story goes.

Back