2x12 cab for a F-50 head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F50user

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new member here :)

I'm going to buy a cabinet for my F-50 head soon and could use some tips. I tested a Recto 2x12 Horizontal and it sounded really good but almost too bassy. Notes were super thick. Should I buy a 2x12 Vertical or something else?

i use a vertical rectifier cab with my f50 head and it is a fantastic combo..nice and tight, but with lots of thump too.

playdosboogies said:
i use a vertical rectifier cab with my f50 head and it is a fantastic combo..nice and tight, but with lots of thump too.

Can you tell me more about it? Is it better than Horizontal 2x12? I'm really thinking about buying a vertical recto cab.

I have a horizontal Recto 2x12, and it's perfect with my F-50 (enough so that I re-bought one after selling my original). I used to have a vertical Recto 2x12 with it when I still had my Triaxis, but preferred the horizontal cab to the vertical. I like having the extra bass in my tone (I play primarily metal).

I did like the casters and side handles on the vertical, though, and it was still better than most other 2x12's I've played.

Back