1x12" extension cabinet

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tacoiardul

Reaction score
Hello people.
I started building an extension cabinet for my Mesa Studio 22+.It's gonna be a 1x12" cabinet and i wonder which guitar speaker would go well with my Black Shadow VS12(the stock speaker on the boogie).
I have saved 100 Euro (i live in Europe) and i am thinking about one of these models :
EMINENCE GOVERNOR --75watts/8ohm (RMS), 102db
CELESTION VINTAGE 30-- 60watts/8ohms (RMS), 100db
CELESTION G12H -- 30W, 8ohm.

Either of the Celestions would be good, but, once again, I recommend swapping out the VS-12 for a MC-90, also a stock Mesa/Boogie Black Shadow speaker-more headroom, better cleans, and louder. I may use the VS-12 when I get around to an extension speaker. In my previous Studio Series I put in a Celestion greenback and liked it. Mojotone and Weber make excellent speakers, but shipping to Europe might be an issue.

i have found a way to get along very well with the VS 12 :roll:
yup,it would be an issue with the mojotone and weber .
i have discovered two new options :
JENSEN C12Q CERAMIC VINTAGE
EMINENCE LEGEND GB 128
they are about 50 euro a piece,and since i am still a student,i would love to know if they are decent :)

Actually, the VS probably would sound good alongside a different speaker. It's too midrangey and nasal for my tastes, but it's decent. A lot of people here do seem to like the Vintage 30 or the Jensen-you should do fine with either-happy tone-hunting!

Latest posts

Back