Your Setting For Lonestar Special Please!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody

Reaction score
I just got a Lonestar special 2x12 combo, I have just had it for a few days and really love it so far. Is ther and setting that are good for blues and classice rock
Thanks

have you tried the provided settings yet? Once you find something you like, just a slight tweak to your taste, that's all it takes.
But since you asked:
I set my tone like this: bass: 9, mid: 12, treble:1 and leave pretty much leave it alone.
master: 2 to 3. As high as you can tolerate the floor (hiss) noise.
I adjust the presence depends on the pickup. 10 for strat/tele type, 12 for PAF or P90 type.
Adjust the gain to taste and also depends on the pickups.
See, it starts with what guitar/pickup you have.
Also try the speaker impedance plug, for some reason, I find the mis-matched setting to be pucnhy and snappier

I've been using a Lonestar special for a year now.One thing with this amp and most Mesa's for that matter is that the tone controls are very powerful.Subtle turns can have drastic results.Be patient and enjoy,The LSS is an amazing amplifier. :)

Since you are talking classic rock and blues, I am just going to give you my Channel 2 settings.

I don't have the Drive engaged, just the Gain at about 4 o' clock. This will change depending on whether it is a humbucking or single coil pickup.
Thick setting on the 3 way Gain toggle
Treble 12 o' clock
Mid 12 o' clock
Bass 9 o' clock
Presence almost off, just a touch on
Volume usually 11 o' clock
15 watt setting engaged

I also have the Solo function and effects loop engaged. With my PRS, these settings get me close to AC/DC type breakup. I will either use the Boost function for solos or use a Fulldrive 2 pedal for a bit more gain if I am using my Strat or Tele.

Enjoy the amp! They are beauties.....

Latest posts

Back