Your Advice please - Mesa "Blackface" Dual

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RalfT85

Reaction score
Guys,

I need your opinions...advice...whatever...

I currently own a Reborn Mesa Dual (3 years old), works perfectly fine...Standard Diamond Plate...

Now I have the chance to buy a Reborn Dual Rectifier with a BLACK Diamond Plate...Brand-new...Was in the store around 2 years, some time behind glass (because it is a Custom Shop model with the black diamond plate) and now the store is dropping the price massively because everyone bought the standard Recto (250 bucks more for the black plate) and it is too long in stock.

They give me warranty, say amp is perfectly fine. Warranty and everything...Of course some played with it in the store with staff members putting the amp on and everything...So that should not be a problem.

Now: Would you ditch a Standard Diamond Plate Recto for the Black Diamond Plate?

For me it is a 400 buck difference when I sell my current 3 year old Recto and buy the black new one...

Thinking about resell-value is better with the black one...

So let me hear ya:)

For less than $400 you can buy a new headshell with black diamond plate, put your chassis in it & sell the old headshell to offset some of the expense.

That is what I would do.

I don't think Mesa will sell you just the diamond plate, it's glued on & difficult to remove anyway.

Dom

Oh what a wonderful life you guys have in the US when it comes to Mesa...

Well buying a headshell with black diamond plate would cost me around $700-800 here in Europe...
So that's not an option for me...

RalfT85 said:
Oh what a wonderful life you guys have in the US when it comes to Mesa...

Well buying a headshell with black diamond plate would cost me around $700-800 here in Europe...
So that's not an option for me...
Well now that I know you are in Europe......

I would have the dealer throw in a brand new set of powertubes and go with your original plan if you don't have the $700-$800 up front for a headshell.

For me I would still keep my amp that I know the history of & swap headshells.

Do you think you could sell your original headshell? If you buy a new headshell, & sell the old headshell for $300-$400 then the $$$ investment is about the same, and you get to keep your amp that you know works and sounds perfectly.

My $0.02

Dom

domct203 said:
For me I would still keep my amp that I know the history of & swap headshells.

Do you think you could sell your original headshell? If you buy a new headshell, & sell the old headshell for $300-$400 then the $$$ investment is about the same, and you get to keep your amp that you know works and sounds perfectly.

Well, two things that still make me think not to swap headshells

1) Yeah my amp works perfectly..Although I had to have it fixed a couple of months ago because the clean channel master pot died..
Now the amp is no more under warranty, the new one would bring me another 3 years of warranty.

2) Resell-value...Black diamond plates are rare here and I think the value in comparison to a stock recto will be better over time. Kind of rare here in Europe.

And about buying just the headshell...Have to talk to our distributor:)

Latest posts

Back