• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

You guys think this is a SCAM??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
marzzz said:
MusicManJP6 said:
My guess is that he won't respond or he'll tell you he requires paypal then you can pick it up or something shady like that...
Well, I did get an answer back almost immediately:
i don't know,need combined with my friend,but not is phoenix,was my error,see my anounce,to correct city,what is your price?if good,i combined and you mark hour and pay to my friend and cabinet is your
According to his auction, the item is actually in Prescott Valley, which is about an hour north of Phoenix (but certainly worth the drive). But at the least, he does seem amenable to a deal. I have a LSC 2x12, I don't really need another cab but I would be tempted by a deal....

So far, you have the best lead on the cab. Cash, and in person, would make total sense. I would probably not do it any other way.

Let us know the progress...

allright. he replied me. he/she was very laconic, his exact words were: "rather sell there. thanks".

told him i have a lonestar head and need a cab exactly like that to match and practically begged him his phone number. let's see, but so far . . .

hummm, that smell . . . :wink:

Short answer - Pass on it, be paitient, others will come along.
Longer answer - oddly enough I had a similar deal for a MkIV with a "Brazilian pro-musician". So many red flags came up that I pulled out of the deal. The next day he closed his account and opened another one under a slightly modified name with zero feedback. I started to recieve email threats from the seller. I printed them out with headers (so they can trace the path), gave them to my local police cyber crime unit, the email threats stopped immediately. Email threats are a felony. HELLO!!!

Pass on it Grasshopper, be paitient, others will come along.

caddie said:
Short answer - Pass on it, be paitient, others will come along.
Longer answer - oddly enough I had a similar deal for a MkIV with a "Brazilian pro-musician". So many red flags came up that I pulled out of the deal. The next day he closed his account and opened another one under a slightly modified name with zero feedback. I started to recieve email threats from the seller. I printed them out with headers (so they can trace the path), gave them to my local police cyber crime unit, the email threats stopped immediately. Email threats are a felony. HELLO!!!

Pass on it Grasshopper, be paitient, others will come along.

Good one there caddie.

So, I see it still sold for a good $365-ish. Some people were just willing to risk it.

OT: I think people put waaaaaaaaay too much faith into cabs. guitar, speakers and amp account for %95 of the sound. I would never shed that much for signature cabs. That's why I had an avatar. I am also on the marshall board and people swear by marshall cabs, I always laugh in their face and tell them they don't know any better.

Sir Punk said:
OT: I think people put waaaaaaaaay too much faith into cabs. guitar, speakers and amp account for %95 of the sound. I would never shed that much for signature cabs. That's why I had an avatar. I am also on the marshall board and people swear by marshall cabs, I always laugh in their face and tell them they don't know any better.

It's not only about sound my friend. My Lonestar head looks much nicer on a matching Lonestar cab.

I was a pro kiteboarder back a few years ago. Hence, the username. And I remember a very important piece of advice that I heard from a fellow rider. "How well you do something is just as important as how well you look while you are doing it."

-D

Kiteboarder said:
Sir Punk said:

It's not only about sound my friend. My Lonestar head looks much nicer on a matching Lonestar cab.

I was a pro kiteboarder back a few years ago. Hence, the username. And I remember a very important piece of advice that I heard from a fellow rider. "How well you do something is just as important as how well you look while you are doing it."

-D

oh yeah for sure. Look at Einstein, he looked whacked out and did he do anything that mattered.

Turumbar82 said:
Kiteboarder said:
Sir Punk said:

-D

oh yeah for sure. Look at Einstein, he looked whacked out and did he do anything that mattered.

Dude, we are musicians, not scientists.

Performers... Whether it's movies, sports, music, comedy. Image is everything. Einstein was not a performer, Einstein!

Hehehe, I had to say it!!

As a matter of fact Einstein was a musician also and performed quite a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpkIKYfwkkg

"If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music."
Albert Einstein

What really is music but math, physics, and engineering? Without these things the performance couldn't exist.

Ability, intelligence, and hard work make a musician great.

Image makes them famous in pop culture.

Turumbar82 said:
As a matter of fact Einstein was a musician also and performed quite a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpkIKYfwkkg

"If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music."
Albert Einstein

What really is music but math, physics, and engineering? Without these things the performance couldn't exist.

Ability, intelligence, and hard work make a musician great.

Image makes them famous in pop culture.

Hehehe. That's awesome, I didn't know that. Thanks for the link to the video. -Danny

Latest posts

Back