YES! edit: IT'S HERE AND IT SLAYS!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platypus

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110089488089&rd=1&rd=1

:)

hell of a deal too with all the tubes..

Recto 2x12 and my Ace's 2x12

Also.. I hope I didn't just F up.. I hope this is a 'B' :\ :shock:

looks way too 'new' to be from the 90s.

You DICK

I made him an offer RIGHT before you bought it, not even FIVE MINUTES before... ****

Nice purchase :lol:

edit: I just got another one for just $10 more though :D still more then I was hoping, but I save about $850cad by getting it off eBay instead of in stores.

Subjec Line said:
YEEEEEEEEEEEEES
O-kay Marv Albert.

Man, modem line sucks, it just does not cut it bidding on e-bay just before the auction closes :roll:

Without seeing the back panel it is hard to say whether or not for sure it is the B that you wanted but the leather corners definitely say not of the earliest Mark IV's.

Congrats on the find and buy :D :D :D :D :D

I keep going back to look at it. :shock:

Free shipping and a full set of tubes including a spare spare? That is crazy for that price. That is roughly $180 in tubes alone. figure another $50 for decent insured shipping. That puts your cost of the amp itself at $1000~. Nice one.... :D

Man...

A slip cover and the manual... and the controls layout card to boot?

Good things come to those who wait...

i had a better deal on a 2 channel dual recto for 450£ uk money, all it needed was new tubes, anyway good buy, i love the mark 4 amp, its the best in my eyes and ears.

Where the decription says "Two assignable effects loops" makes me think it might be an "A" model. Or he could be speaking of the dual returns on the "B" version effects loop. Either way it looks to be a great buy. I bought an EV thiele from this seller last summer, and was very pleased with the product. Try these Lead channel settings when you get the amp hooked up.

El-34's in outer sockets
Full power
Simul-class mode
Harmonics
Pentode
Lead Gain- 8 pulled
Treble-8
Mid-4
Bass-1.5
Lead Drive-7 pulled
Lead Channel Volume-5
Presence-3.5 pulled
Output Level-3
EQ-on with a V shape, 750 hz on the middle line, slighly less upward curve on the highs.

Remove all pets and small children from the blasting area and plant both feet firmly on sturdy ground. :shock:

dude i think it might be an A.the two assignable FX loops is a give away along with the older style grill...i might be wrong but..

THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL AMP I AM A JEOLOUS....!!

YOU ARE GOING TO BE A VERY HAPPY WITH HER..

don't worry about the A or B...

IT"S A MARK FUCKING IV..!!

Are you going get the amp, or did you and the seller agree to cancel the deal? If you get the amp, try the settings that I gave you before you decide to get rid of it. You might just like the "A".

hey i have a mk iv A which i love...i have a dual recto which is crap compared to the mk iv...th e mk iv it a beautiful sweet Amp..A or B..i think you should try this one for a alittle while becasue the differcne is so very little..

you might fine you like it

I'm going ape over this.. I'm sure this is a ridiculously good amp... I mean I stumbled upon the mother load here, perfect condition for being from 91, not even played or loved properly.. and I'm ready to toss it back up on ebay.

I know I probably wouldn't notice the difference but I'm unsure of accepting something that I have no way to compare to a B now and then I might not like it or might be missing the extra shred the B has.

What should I do guys?

You are much more devoted than I am. If I got the amp in my hands, I would not be able to keep from trying it. If you do get the amp, test it side by side with the "B" combo that you've been trying out. Just for fun. As I said last night, if you need more gain in the Lead channel than the "A" has to offer, something is WRONG. The settings that I posted are extreme volume, but will put a huge smile on your face.

JOEY B. said:
You are much more devoted than I am. If I got the amp in my hands, I would not be able to keep from trying it. If you do get the amp, test it side by side with the "B" combo that you've been trying out. Just for fun.

Am I making too big a deal of this revision stuff?

Ok I made a hasty decision and I rectified it.

I'm going to take this as planned, this is too sweet of a score to let go.. and worst case scenario I just sell it later and get a B when they're more plentyful on the net.. I'd be a fool to pass up a Mark IV from 91 that sat in a closet for 16 years.. what a find.

Latest posts

Back