Yes another Pop noise question. :)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacko123

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have that pop when I switch between channels on my 3ch dual rectifier. I've tried to do forum searches but couldn't fin anything. Could some link me?

I'm just wondering if this is something I just have to live with or if there's a known easy fix out there.

Thanks.

From The Boogie Archives:

Many users complain about a popping sound when switching channels. “The LDR-based 2 channel Rectifier is in some ways closer in lineage to the MarkIII and MarkIV, which also had LDRs, than to the 3 channel Rectifier and Road King/Roadster, where they started using Relays and a muting circuit, which caused popping and a noticeable pause in the sound when switching, especially going from channel 2 Vintage to channel 3 Modern.” The most common method employed to rid this popping noise is to switch through the channels several times while the amp is still in standby.

I run through the channels on standby and turn the amp on (off standby) on channel 2.
This works for me to get rid of the pop, but it would only pop once before I learned this trick off this forum.

Good luck.

I actually called boogie in regards do this, as I get the same thing on my dual rect, and i was considering upgrading to a RK2, but wanted to know from a real mesa cust. serv. rep why the pop occurred.. He informed me that they are certainly aware of it, but its either a pop, or a delay between switching channels, and they felt most would prefer a pop. I still dont understand why it has to happen, but I wouldn't doubt if it had something to do with the rectifier circuitry. I haven't really played a mark series enough to know if they do the same, but I dont think they do...

Anyways, if someone else has any more detailed info, please post, as I am still curious... hop this helps a bit... :D

Back