Yay! Lonestar short head.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbalderrama

Reaction score
Scored from Ebay. Been looking for one of these for a while. Mesa didn't make too many in this format. Should sit perfect on my Mark sized compact cabs and Theiles, and I can get rid of the big ole honkin 1x12 combo I have now. I kept trying to just get rid of my 1x12, but everytime I played it it sounded too good.

7b46_1.JPG

Now comes the hard part... waiting for the thing to get here.....

I Hate you! I bought my LSC before I found out the even made a short head. Good luck with the buy.

wonder how much a short head cab cost......I have a long cab and I just bought a vertical 2x12........head is wider than the speaker.....looks kinda silly.........but sounds like GOD.

Wow, that's just about the coolest thing ever. Teeny! And it includes reverb and everything? Congratulations!

I am envious! You lucky dog! I think all us LSC owners desire one of those after hauling our combo's around. What color is that?

Congrats, I got mine about three months ago. Let me know what your build number is when you get it. One thing you'll notice when you get it is that the reverb tank in inverted upside down so it doesn't hit the cab on the bottom.

plan-x said:
I am envious! You lucky dog! I think all us LSC owners desire one of those after hauling our combo's around. What color is that?

I'm guessing its the same green color as the Stiletto Ace usually is. I currently have my LSC 1x12 combo sitting on a Mesa 3/4 back cab with EVM12L and it sounds killer, but its pretty dang bulky. I use my Mark IV head on an open back compact 1x12 cab and Theile, so thats what I'll use with this LSC head and I can get rid of the bulky stuff. Might lose a little "openness" in the sound, but the compact cabs still sound good and of course the Theiles are the best 1x12 cabs ever.

dannymusic said:
geez, It's not like the short head is light.

Its not the weight its the bulk. :) I'd like to use the same compact cabs on both my Marks and the Lonestar, but it looks a bit silly to have a huge head hanging off the side of the cabs.

I've been talking about mine here on this forum for months! It is the sleeper LSC to find! I put mine ontop two Bogner 1x12 Cubes running two C-90's in parallel! It is just delightful and compliments my other amps perfectly. Easy to transport for a monster amp, also. Mine is the old Blue tolex, though, yours is much fancier! I am planning to do the Reeder mod on mine in a few months.

LSC light - tasty, less filling. Big Punch!

medwards1969 said:
I've been talking about mine here on this forum for months! It is the sleeper LSC to find! I put mine ontop two Bogner 1x12 Cubes running two C-90's in parallel! LSC light - tasty, less filling. Big Punch!

Mine will be sitting on an openback 1x12 C90 and a Theile EVM. A classic, great sounding combination. :) I've heard good things about the little Bogner cubes too. I'm also going to move my IIC+ to a head, so the final stack will be a IIC+ head, LoneStar head, and the two speaker cabs. That way I can dedicate the C+ to the heavy stuff, and use the Lonestar for what it excels at, the clean to mid gain range. As much as I love my Mark II and IV, their midrange hump, while sounding great with distortion, bugs me if I try to use the bridge pup's clean. The Lonestar doesn't do that.

I've been thinking of selling my Mark IIA and getting a Lonestar Classic. This post just about sealed the deal. That is one of the nicest looking amps. Congratulations.

Dang it!! You beat me to it! I saw that on Ebay and was going to make a concerned effort to pick that up. Been sick for the past couple days and completely forgot about it...

Let us know how it sounds!!

Anyone know how many of the short heads were made? Mine is labeled somewhere around 680 but as I understand it that is the total for LSC's not just the short heads.

Back