Yay! Lonestar short head.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no idea how many there are, but Mesa messed up by quit making them. It is easy to pick up and carry, and fits on those Bogners like it is made for them. I bet the Custom Audio cubes would also be cool. The sound of the cubes makes it sound so good I have commented before that it is the poor man's Two Rock! The cubes are expensive but worth it, and you can re-sell easily if you want. I have accumulated it all off E-Bay and also a Mojave Scorpion head, so I have got 4 cubes in two mini-stacks as my basic rig now. It is **** near perfect. After 20 years of gear insanity, it is now all over.

I asked the guys at Mesa customer service how many had been made and all he would tell me was a few hundred. I was having a small issue with the reverb, sounds great on channel 2 but noisy on channel 1, and he told me that was the reason they quit making them. He said the reverb tank was in too close of proximity to the chassis thus causing the noise. I changed out the reverb tube driver and the tank and still had the noise but it's no big deal, just a little noisy.

I know about that problem said with the reverb, but on mine I have not noticed it and would not have known about it if Mesa hadn't said something.

To me this problem is just not there.

It really hasn't been any sort of major issue with mine, just bugged me a little. I use an outboard reverb unit anyway. I'm still discovering new tones with this amp and am really loving it.

Back