• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS: Dual Rec Rev F R-001313 (blown OT) SOLD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtxdriggers

Reaction score
In December, I let my friend borrow my precious boogie for his band's practice session, and he hooked up the cab to the effects loop. I soon got a call informing me that my amp wasn't turning on. I take a look, and the fuse was blown. I hook up the amp properly and replace the fuse, and it makes a very loud noise, even with the amp turned all the way down, and one power tube flashed as I powered on the amp. After opening the amp, I found a fried grid resistor, and got it replaced. Unfortunately, the amp still doesn't work, and I assume the output transformer (562100) is blown out. I've decided to give up on it and buy another boogie after selling this one. I'm looking to make about $500 (+ shipping costs) off of this thing, tubes included (though I wouldn't recommend using them). The power chord was damaged before I took possession of the amp, but it works perfectly fine, it just has electrical tape around one spot.

Chrome chassis w/ chrome diamond plate
Red LED jewel
Completely retubed the amp in January '08 w/ Mesa EL-34's, SPAX7's, and 5U4GB's

Some pics of the amp from when I first bought it in August '07 can be found at http://www.jtxdriggers.com/mesa. The amp actually looks better now than it did then; I've cleaned it up a bit.

NOTE: No, I'm not looking to sell the Marshall 1960 in the pictures.

zeeman said:
Out of curiosity, after the resistor was replaced, were there any other diagnostics done?

zeeman

I'm not exactly sure if the tech did anything more than replace the resistor. When I got the amp back, he said it was probably the OT, so that's what I'm going with.

jtxdriggers said:
zeeman said:
Out of curiosity, after the resistor was replaced, were there any other diagnostics done?

zeeman

I'm not exactly sure if the tech did anything more than replace the resistor. When I got the amp back, he said it was probably the OT, so that's what I'm going with.

haha.
some "tech".
any real tech know how to test an OT. its either good, or bad.

JimAnsell said:
jtxdriggers said:
zeeman said:

zeeman

haha.
some "tech".
any real tech know how to test an OT. its either good, or bad.

Jim,

That is exactly what I was thinking. I mean... He just changed the resistors and that is it???

zeeman

Pardon my ignorance, but why was there so much interest over an old recto with a blown OT when countless working rectos get passed up each week?

:D I can't afford a fully working one. But....I do happen to own an amp repair shop, so for me, this was the perfect score.
I'll slap in a Mercury Magnetics OT and have a great amp that was previously out of my reach!

Elpelotero said:
Pardon my ignorance, but why was there so much interest over an old recto with a blown OT when countless working rectos get passed up each week?

Well...

Amp - $500
MM OT - $275
Shipping - $25

Total - $800.

That's still at least $200 less than most DRs are selling for.

mikey383 said:
Elpelotero said:

Well...

Amp - $500
MM OT - $275
Shipping - $25

Total - $800.

That's still at least $200 less than most DRs are selling for.

:D And add at least another $200 onto that for a Chrome Faced one! :D

Monsta-Tone said:
:D And add at least another $200 onto that for a Chrome Faced one! :D

Maybe. To the right person. I don't think the chrome would fetch that much more for resale. Maybe another $100

jtxdriggers said:
o_O darn.
I could have gotten more.

I think you had it priced about right. I would have done the swap myself (and I'm sure Monsta-Tone will too), so I didn't figure in labor costs. Once you figure those in (probably around $100 - 150), you're sitting just under the price of one that works.

Okay cool, I don't feel like an idiot now :lol:
After selling this amp, I have enough to get another dual rec, I just really didn't feel like putting up with repairs anymore. I really want to get a blackface/chrome chassis rev F or older, but eBay and craigslist aren't my friends this month. I may end up getting a racktifier, but I really haven't decided yet. Any suggestions?

I have a "Blackface" Triple Recto Rev F, possibly a mint "Blackface" Dual Rev F in a few days too... :p I may part with one in a week or so.

Latest posts

Back