• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB SPECIFIC TYPE OF GUITAR

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick_cor

Reaction score
Hi guys, im looking for a guitar and im going to be extremely picky because im going to buy it and it'll be my MAIN guitar for a LONG time so I might as well get it the way I want, so if you guys know of any guitars that are to my demanding needs then please do tell!

what I need in the guitar

- 24 fret neck *
- fast neck ( musicman fast ) *
- 3 way toggle switch
- 2x humbuckers *
- NO floyd rose *
- floating tremelo ( like musicmans )
- double cut away body *
- 1x( volume + tone knobs )

what I want in the guitar

- piezo
- contour on the body for picking ( like musicman petrucci guitar )
- to look fricken awesome
- volume and tone knobs not so **** close to the string ( like strats )

Now I've found TWO guitars that are pretty much up to what I want, they are the 20th anniversary musicman and the john petrucci musicman, I personally would like to stay away from the petrucci guitar because it's a signature and I would like to play something of my own, and the 20th anniversary right now seems like THE guitar. IF anyone knows of any guitars that are pretty close to what I want then please tell me!
PS: the * means it's the most important

thanks

You should also be looking into the Parker Fly Classic or Deluxe which has all of the things you want but is a neck through guitar.

They are about $800-$1400 used.

Greg

I was going to mention those but not everyone cares for them.

Check out DTM guitars (McNaught). He can build the exact guitar you want. He makes awesome guitars.

er, whys no-one mentioned prs?

give a PRS CE-24 mahogany a try, sounds like your thing, bloody brilliant guitars and by no means are they the runt of the litter

guitargeek62 said:
er, whys no-one mentioned prs?

give a PRS CE-24 mahogany a try, sounds like your thing, bloody brilliant guitars and by no means are they the runt of the litter

But they're the most expensive guitars.. 3K .. that's more then the petrucci that has everything that I want.

Try a Carvin DC127.. customized how you want and definately under $2000. Probably around $1600.

http://www.carvin.com/products/guitar.php?ItemNumber=DC127

Latest posts

Back