wow, mesa no longer has the trident listed on their website!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well if you are into metal 150 watt head is the better choice as you dont really want the low end to get saggy which tends to happen when you mix alot of pre-amp gain with power amp distortion gain.

I laugh at people that are so concerned about having the bias mode done to there recto's (use to be one of those people) because with such a high pre-amp gain amp you really do not want that power amp distortion, one of the main reasons Randall designed the recto to run cold.

But if you do want the power amp to distort and loser the pre-amp gain, well there are plenty of tube companies out there and all you have to tell them is the make of your amp and how you want it to run, they have tubes that will run hot or cold in your amp depending on what you want.

Stonge said:
They are making room for the trans-atlantic series. Look forward to a whole new line of these in all types of options!!! LOL.

Nooo..but if it's worth anything; they still have the Trident in the 2010 catalog.
I mean, does anyone really need a 150watt amp??? Maybe for custom order if you are "BIG-TIME" touring band. And honestly I think they would have discontinued the triple rec along time ago too if it didn't have all the hype. I worked at a music store in the past and seen more dumbasses buying triple recs that they don't need than any other amp on the market. To prove that..how many of us here have gotten great deals on rectos from people who basically didn't do enough research before they bought the amp to begin with? There are more people who own rectos that we ALL can just tell in a heartbeat that they don't know too much about mesa. LOL. A LOT of people just assume more watts/money = better tone. I really try to push the single rec onto people. It's a great amp for the money and chances are..you don't need more than 50watts. Did I mention it's a LOUD 50watts.

BTW. I don't want people here to think that I am slamming the recto user. If anything I hope you all can see my perspective.

Also they better just leave the ACE the way it is!! you want reverb? Get a pedal. And please, please do not make it switchable to 6L6s. That will definately make people miss the point of what the amp is about. On the other side of the coin, I DO wish that they would bring back the Stiletto Jack..I am curious to hear it. I have never played one. Is it like a hod-rodded maverick???

I think there are certain reasons he uses the 2205, first with a marshall of that age you are looking for power tube distortion, so at 50 watts it is much more easy to achieve this. Second out of the 2205 and 2210 the 2205 is the better amp, has alot to do with low end and amount of caps etc..

rabies said:
Stonge said:
I mean, does anyone really need a 150watt amp???

Tom Morello has a 2205 marshall 50 watt (big touring bands, yes). it's the additional headroom for cleans and more low end, but i don't think a 150 watt is required in most cases...

Stonge said:
They are making room for the trans-atlantic series. Look forward to a whole new line of these in all types of options!!! LOL.

Nooo..but if it's worth anything; they still have the Trident in the 2010 catalog.
I mean, does anyone really need a 150watt amp??? Maybe for custom order if you are "BIG-TIME" touring band. And honestly I think they would have discontinued the triple rec along time ago too if it didn't have all the hype. I worked at a music store in the past and seen more dumbasses buying triple recs that they don't need than any other amp on the market. To prove that..how many of us here have gotten great deals on rectos from people who basically didn't do enough research before they bought the amp to begin with? There are more people who own rectos that we ALL can just tell in a heartbeat that they don't know too much about mesa. LOL. A LOT of people just assume more watts/money = better tone. I really try to push the single rec onto people. It's a great amp for the money and chances are..you don't need more than 50watts. Did I mention it's a LOUD 50watts.

BTW. I don't want people here to think that I am slamming the recto user. If anything I hope you all can see my perspective.

Also they better just leave the ACE the way it is!! you want reverb? Get a pedal. And please, please do not make it switchable to 6L6s. That will definately make people miss the point of what the amp is about. On the other side of the coin, I DO wish that they would bring back the Stiletto Jack..I am curious to hear it. I have never played one. Is it like a hod-rodded maverick???

I don't see what's the problem with those extra mods you don't want. Just turn off the reverb if you dn't want it. As with the switching between 6L6 and EL34 biasing, just stick to EL34 if you prefer...

Nevertheless, if Mesa could come up with a KTT66 driven Mesa Stiletto, that would be great too. Doubt that would ever happen though...

Back