wow, mesa no longer has the trident listed on their website!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess its not that shocking. The trident is super overkill. I recently sold a trident. That thing was LOUD! I ran the amp in 50watt mode. Id figure they dont sell anywhere near as good as the ace or duece.

On the other hand, I would have thought it would be ok to still offer them, seeing that Mesa only takes orders, and not churn them out unlike some mass production companies...

Does that mean if you have a trident the first model that came out still brand new in the box it is worth more now. Cause I have one that has never been taken out of the box. Matter of fact it still has the red webbing on the tubes and is "still sealed" on the ends. :wink:

Probably want keep it boxed for 10 years. If some one made me a good offer I might sell it. But I'm itching to take it out and play through it.
:twisted:

The one I have is the 50/150 so I really want to see what it will do. People tell me it's a Marshall killer.?

LesPaulPlayer said:
The one I have is the 50/150 so I really want to see what it will do. People tell me it's a Marshall killer.?

I would just use it .... who is going to give you more money for it if has never been played ? No one I would guess.

No way will this mark the end of the Stilettos! That would be a terrible decision, just from a business perspective. Mesa already builds amps to sell, not in a mass-produced type of way. Why wouldn't they offer a British style amp, complete with the Mesa ethos of knob switching and fixed-bias intact? The cleans on any of the Stilettos, while very "bright" still are world's better than the best British EL34 based clean tones.

I just can't see why they would give up on it, without at least updating it or redesigning it altogether. You just know that the next Stiletto type Mesa will definitely have reverb, maybe a third channel, etc.

I'd be rather irked if they introduced a three channel Stiletto w/reverb. It would mean I'd have to buy another.

Maybe they felt that the Trident sounded so similar to the Duece that there was no need to have both ? I have yet to play a Duece or Trident but the Ace was great and I hope they don't change that amp.

I'll bite...
how about that trademark they own..

Stiletto Jack

If the a product doesn't sell well it gets sunseted, to make room for something else. The Deuce / Ace I'd imagine take most of that share, so there goes the trident. Also remember the MarkI became the II, then IIb, IIc, IIc+, III, IV... discontinued then came the Mark V.

I'd go with there are making room for a new amp... stiletto based with all of the features that have been going into the flagship amps as of late.

selectable wattage between channels, maybe duo class, 3 channels, reverb, who knows, maybe footswitchable modes since enough complaining happens here!

I wonder if they'd go so far as to put a more 'menacing' sounding Stiletto out there, something a bit more for the metal crowd. Not that my Deuce can't handle metal, but there's been some criticism over what the amp can and can't do. They could easily add a scoop button or some nonsense like that, some Marshall's I've played have a similar feature.

most likely was unpopular and didn't sell well. one guy who worked (works?) at mesa hollywood had that amp. He said you get more clean headroom and bass with it compared to the deuce.

just mic the **** man...

They are making room for the trans-atlantic series. Look forward to a whole new line of these in all types of options!!! LOL.

Nooo..but if it's worth anything; they still have the Trident in the 2010 catalog.
I mean, does anyone really need a 150watt amp??? Maybe for custom order if you are "BIG-TIME" touring band. And honestly I think they would have discontinued the triple rec along time ago too if it didn't have all the hype. I worked at a music store in the past and seen more dumbasses buying triple recs that they don't need than any other amp on the market. To prove that..how many of us here have gotten great deals on rectos from people who basically didn't do enough research before they bought the amp to begin with? There are more people who own rectos that we ALL can just tell in a heartbeat that they don't know too much about mesa. LOL. A LOT of people just assume more watts/money = better tone. I really try to push the single rec onto people. It's a great amp for the money and chances are..you don't need more than 50watts. Did I mention it's a LOUD 50watts.

BTW. I don't want people here to think that I am slamming the recto user. If anything I hope you all can see my perspective.

Also they better just leave the ACE the way it is!! you want reverb? Get a pedal. And please, please do not make it switchable to 6L6s. That will definately make people miss the point of what the amp is about. On the other side of the coin, I DO wish that they would bring back the Stiletto Jack..I am curious to hear it. I have never played one. Is it like a hod-rodded maverick???

Stonge said:
They are making room for the trans-atlantic series. Look forward to a whole new line of these in all types of options!!! LOL.

Nooo..but if it's worth anything; they still have the Trident in the 2010 catalog.
I mean, does anyone really need a 150watt amp??? Maybe for custom order if you are "BIG-TIME" touring band. And honestly I think they would have discontinued the triple rec along time ago too if it didn't have all the hype. I worked at a music store in the past and seen more dumbasses buying triple recs that they don't need than any other amp on the market. To prove that..how many of us here have gotten great deals on rectos from people who basically didn't do enough research before they bought the amp to begin with? There are more people who own rectos that we ALL can just tell in a heartbeat that they don't know too much about mesa. LOL. A LOT of people just assume more watts/money = better tone. I really try to push the single rec onto people. It's a great amp for the money and chances are..you don't need more than 50watts. Did I mention it's a LOUD 50watts.

BTW. I don't want people here to think that I am slamming the recto user. If anything I hope you all can see my perspective.

Also they better just leave the ACE the way it is!! you want reverb? Get a pedal. And please, please do not make it switchable to 6L6s. That will definately make people miss the point of what the amp is about. On the other side of the coin, I DO wish that they would bring back the Stiletto Jack..I am curious to hear it. I have never played one. Is it like a hod-rodded maverick???

Eh? Was the Stiletto Jack even a production amp? I thought people here have been speculating that it will be the next generation Stiletto........

Stonge said:
I mean, does anyone really need a 150watt amp???

Tom Morello has a 2205 marshall 50 watt (big touring bands, yes). it's the additional headroom for cleans and more low end, but i don't think a 150 watt is required in most cases...

Back