Wow, Mesa/Boogie support is #1!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tele_jas

Reaction score
I just talked to Mesa Boogie support with some questions about my boogie products and the guy I spoke to was Michael Wolf and he was very friendly and helped me with all my questions and was very knowledgable as well! One question I had was about my V-Twin and if a Radio Shak LED would work since one of my LED's is burned out and he checked the price of theirs and said "Heck, I'll just send you one for being a loyal customer"! That may have only cost them $2, but it definately impressed me and won me over 100%

Michael Wolfe is definitely the man when it comes to hooking loyal customers up with whatever they need.

Hell yeah!!!! He sent me a schematic for my DC-2 & an older Rectoverb (series I).

I just spoke to him this morning. I bought some replacement corners for my Rectoverb. I recovered it in Wine Buggy Whip tolex. Funny name, great color.

If anyone here knows how to post pictures, I'll post some once I install the corners.

If anyone here knows how to post pictures, I'll post some once I install the corners

First you have to upload your pics to a server.... The one I use is: http://www.imageshack.us/ and it's free and super easy to use. Then I use the "Direct Link to image" and copy that. Then pop back over here and when your posting, you'll notice those little buttons under the "Subject" area and one says "Img".... Click that button, paste your link in and then click the "Img" button again and it should work. :wink:

Right on, I'll post some pics as soon as I get the corners on.

I haven't recovered the back yet either. I split it into 2 parts to open up the sound a bit more and allow access to the storage pocket for the footswitch.

Thanks guys.

Under customer service on there website there is only a telephone number, now i was 16 when i bought my first mesa now im 17 and i don't think my parents would of let me call America from Australia LOL, so i send an email into the bug report/constructive critism, adress on there website, and honstly didnt' expect a reply, but a week later i herd from Michael Wolf, he obviously is and assest to boogie, as i hear his name more then most celebraties LOL,
So i'll back that up and say mesa customer service is somthing you hardly get from any company these days, i just hope they get resconised for it, not just from boogie owners.

Michael

Michael said:
i send an email into the bug report/constructive critism, adress on there website, and honstly didnt' expect a reply, but a week later i herd from Michael Wolf, he obviously is and assest to boogie, as i hear his name more then most celebraties LOL,
So i'll back that up and say mesa customer service is somthing you hardly get from any company these days, i just hope they get resconised for it, not just from boogie owners.

Michael

I did the same thing :) Mesa CS is #1 awesome for sure.

When I bought my LSS and registered, I received a phone call from Mesa a few days later asking me if I was happy with my purchase, what was I playing through it, and then discussing the performance of single coils vs humbuckers through the amp.

I was amazed. They actually seem like they care about their customers... a far cry from most other companies with Martin being the notable exception, imo...

Taylor Guitars also have outstanding customer care IMO

My lead singer has a Taylor (2nd owner) and we were jammin' on an (gag) AC/DC song last year (that he doesn't sing) and he was getting in to the music and was thumping on the top of his Taylor guitar and all of a sudden his hand went through the top side of his guitar :shock: . I thought he was going to pass out.... He took it to several shops around town and no one would touch it, so he finally called Taylor and they said if he sent it to them they would fix it, but since he wasn't the original owner and had no proof of purchase they would have to charge him half of the repairs. To make a long story short, he sent it off and $350 later has an almost brand new Taylor guitar with a warranty now! They basically re-built the whole body of the guitar but kept the top and back but re-did everything else and sanded it all down and coated the entire guitar so all the nicks and scratches that were there are now gone (along with Garth Brooks signature, but it was worth it for the quality work).

Thats my Taylor story.

No doubt, Boogie's service is always great. So great that I normally refuse to call it "customer service" since you are always treated so well and not like a potential sale.

Some of you know of my Tremoverb fiasco, well when Boogie got their hands on it, they fixed it up, updated a few things, installed a fresh set of tubes all around and hardly charged me a thing :)

MJ

Michael helped me with my Triaxis last year, and was very friendly. He comes from a long tradition of fantastic customer service. I've had great help over the years from Doug West, Tien, Georgia, and others there.

About a decade ago, I had my Triaxis software upgraded to v.2, and when they were finished, Mitch Faber drove the unit to my house (about 50 mi. south of M/B's Petaluma site) while on the way to a Bay Area gig. Front door service - outstanding!

- T

Some of you know of my Tremoverb fiasco

Was that the same as mine? I had channel one going in and out on mine and come to find out it was a LDR that wasn't fully working. I got it fixed locally and it works GREAT, but it scares me now! I spoke to Boogie and they said that they usually upgrade any Tremoverb that comes in there to get rid of those LDR's and upgrade a few more things. If you don't mind me asking, about how much did it cost to get your's gone over and upgraded? You can PM me if you want, I have that head and now a Combo that I'll probably need to get that done on.

Well, the main problem was that someone had installed an external bias control pot and it basically fried the bias section. So I sent it to a boogie repair place and they were ok at first, then started giving me the runaround, then wouldn't respond at all. So I had someone grab it for me and ship it straight to Boogie :) But yeah, they updated the LDRs and a few other things I think, I don't have the papers in front of me :)

MJ

Back