Wow. I love this thing.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPIndustrie

Reaction score
Got the Mark IV today, used it at band practice.

Quite possibly one of the best amps I've ever played. Seriously. The tone, harmonics, and dynamics are so clean - so beautiful, it simply blows away the Dual Rectifier.

This is definitely the tone I was searching for. I was able to get complex crystal clean tones, some on the border break-up tones, and a nice AC/DC - Brown Crunch. Most of all, the lead channel has to have the clearest, articulate, brutal distortion I've heard. Miles above the Recto.

I did a A/B comparison and my bandmates agreed, this thing is def it.

I just wanted to say thanks for everyone and their advice.

The guys are really helpful here aren't they? I don't know if I really would have figured out my ROV if it weren't for this board. Lots of great advice to found here.

Congrats on the MKIV, I want one too! 8)

****. Mark IV this, Mark IV that. I guess I'm gonna have to go get me one of them too. :roll:

Sorry man, I can no longer curb my excitement for this thing.

I can't wait to get some new tubes for it, once I get 'em I can def tell this amp is going to BURN.

Indeed... I played the compact combo at the Hollywood store, and no amp has blown me away like this one...

I pretty much laughed off my stool when the sales dude told me "If you really want versatility, you need to be checking out the Roadster!"

No offense, the Roadster is awesome for what it does, which is that super duper for those Recto tones (imo, the Roadster is the best balance in the series), but when you A/B the tones for everything else (clean, crunch, leads) the Mark is just unbeatable...

The mark IV's are awesome, I just finished setting up my Mark IV dry and DR for the stereo field, running my mark IV through my Thiele and my Recto through my Open back 1x12, I'll tell you what, those 2 are made for each other :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

For those waiting on yours to come in, I'm touching my Mark IV as I type this, it feels so nice :wink:

Tone, you clearly have some issues to work out :wink: Me too...

I will have to say that the Mark IV is in a class by itself. I have a Splawn Quickrod, to attend to my Marshall fetish, however, the Mark IV is my go to amp and has been for a good 15 years. There really is NO substitute for the sweetness and the versatility of these little darlings.

No reason not to have other amps, just make sure you have a Mark IV or 2 :twisted: :twisted:

Good luck exploring the tender tones of your Mark IV, It never gets old :D

No reason not to have other amps, just make sure you have a Mark IV or 2 :twisted: :twisted:

Hmm gives me an idea, maybe a three way love triangle- 2 mark IV's and a Recto, wonder how that would sound :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I think a lot of people are under the impression that the rectifiers are the only boogies that have nasty distortion, but are so surprised when they realize some of their fav. artists are using Mk IVs to get such tight, brutal distortion. I own a RK and Mk IV and I use both just as much, however I'm starting to think my tastes are leaning more towards the Mk IV!

I honestly don't think I will need another amp for a while. I think it's really that good.

And it's exactly what I wanted; when i plugged it in and played with the knobs I instantly got a usable tone. It was amazing. The first time I plugged it in was right before band practice. I forgot the manual I printed out at home, and just twisted the knobs and went for it. I instantly got all the tones I needed out of it. Amazing.

The Mark IV Mutual Admiration Society meeting will now come to order...
:twisted:

JPIndustrie said:
I honestly don't think I will need another amp for a while. I think it's really that good.

And it's exactly what I wanted; when i plugged it in and played with the knobs I instantly got a usable tone. It was amazing. The first time I plugged it in was right before band practice. I forgot the manual I printed out at home, and just twisted the knobs and went for it. I instantly got all the tones I needed out of it. Amazing.

what's your favorite channel? I always liked R1 and R3. using any pedals?

Latest posts

Back