Wow, how are these things so freaking loud?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dudes,

Get an attenuator......

I run my Triple on the number 2 channel vintage mode 1 oclock on the master and 3 oclock on the gain. My clean channel wide open, gain at 1 oclock. My red channel the master at 9 oclock, gain at 2 oclock.

With the Weber attenuator I can get these levels at bedroom level or stage volume levels.

None of my Mesas have ever gotten good POWER TUBE saturation til I break 12 oclock. If your running your masters at below noon you dont know what your amp can really sound like.

If Im too loud for a soundman I just dial back my volume and retain the tone and saturation, do this and you can get rid of half your distortion pedals.

JW123 said:
Dudes,

Get an attenuator......

I run my Triple on the number 2 channel vintage mode 1 oclock on the master and 3 oclock on the gain. My clean channel wide open, gain at 1 oclock. My red channel the master at 9 oclock, gain at 2 oclock.

With the Weber attenuator I can get these levels at bedroom level or stage volume levels.

None of my Mesas have ever gotten good POWER TUBE saturation til I break 12 oclock. If your running your masters at below noon you dont know what your amp can really sound like.

If Im too loud for a soundman I just dial back my volume and retain the tone and saturation, do this and you can get rid of half your distortion pedals.

Dude;
I have a nice Ultimate Attenuater. I like it on my Marshalls.

Thats cool, I looked at one of those on e-bay, but I just couldnt chase it without trying one.

Some other forums rank the Ultimate above all the rest. My old Sholz Power Soak was great but it killed the highs and harmonics. The Weber retains the sparkle. It sounds a bit compressed when I turn it down to bedroom levels, but it still sounds good.

I'm not liking it lately. I was using it w/ my Wizard for a while and I eventually just said BLAH. It does seem to darken the tone a bit which is great with most amps for me. My Boogies sound great at low volume so I haven't felt the need to try her out. Maybe I should.

Dude, I had an attenuator. It did more harm than good with my Mark IV soundwise so now it's gone. It worked great when I had my Legacy though.

Latest posts

Back