''Working solutions for a mark 3''

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bartchamdoh

Reaction score
Mark 3,s are great amps and i love the sound of these beasts...but...there not perfect,shared eq,s,average reverb,tempramental fx loops,shared gain controls ah the list goes on and on and if they didn't sound so good i,d just grab a marshall instead(just kidding by the way bout the marshall). Nine time,s out of ten i just set my Mark 3 up for a good clean channel and load a pedal board up front,easy and less hassle for playing live.However it,s always a bit of a waste to have an amp with one of the classic lead channels of all time and never use it!!!So finally i,ve put together a rig that lets me use the mark 3,s lead channel...yipee!!I,ve got a rack mounted sixty watt purple stripe(no eq or verb)with a tc electronics g sharp in the loop(works great) for reverb and delays when solong.It,s set up crunch to lead with it,s two foot switches and the g sharp has a nice simple three button foot switch for defeating the verb or delay(i just leave the reverb on all the time).I have a tc electronics g major in the rack for back up and it,s hooked into the g sharp so i can use the on board tuner.If you like to use your amp and don't go over board with fx it,s perfect and simple to use.The g sharp has been discontinued,i don't know why it really is as easy as using pedals,sounds great...and you don't have to do this midi crap...brilliant!!!

Back