Words of wisdom - doublecheck

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eevil

Reaction score
Hello again :)

I've been having a bit of a hard time with my Roadster. It's been pretty dull and not the way I like my tones served :).. Well in a last week or so I had a spare moment to roll some preamp tubes just to make sure that everything is ok, and found out (good memory.. eh?) that I had some old siemens ecc82 as PI and the V1 was the siemens ecc83. I changed the PI to JJ ecc83 and also the V1 but after some quick noodling the v1 was changed back to siemens as the JJ in v1 completely cut the high end off. Otherwise the sound was still pretty much like knäckebröd. So I had used my spare time for the rolling and could not troubleshoot more at that point. (kids...)

Couple of days later I picked up the axe and started playing some stuff for fun and the tone was there again. :p Of course I enjoyed the miracle of resurrection as there was a helluva difference in tones, but still this left me wondering what has changed in the meantime. After a moment of pondering I just figured out that my cable between guitar and amp was different - as I have separate cables for LP and strat - other has angled and other only straight heads - I haven't played the strat for months (string broken - no time to replace them all :mrgreen:) and just by accident picked up the strat-cable...

Well, better this than something wrong with the amp :lol: except I have to chack and resolder the cable again... Mañana......

SO to the conclusion - if your tone is muffled/amp is acting up CHECK YOUR CABLES FIRST!! :oops:

Latest posts

Back