WHY DOES MY S-2 ROADKING SOUND SOOO BAD??????????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R_ADKINS80 said:
That's why you always keep the original OEM tubes on hand.....if you would honestly send your amp in for warranty work with non-factory parts in it then you deserve to have your warranty voided. Only a TOTAL MORON would leave aftermarket tubes in an amp when taking it to a tech under warranty.

I think that's what I was getting at without suggesting that anyone here was a moron.....

take it to a tech. My RKII sounds heavenly. the fav of all my amps for sure

ibanez4life SZ! said:
How loud do you have it turned up?

The problem with most Mesas, and ESPECIALLY the rectifier series, is that they need to be LOUD to get the metal sound they're known for.

If you're not playing it at gigging / full band practice volume, that amp just isn't going to give the goods.

Absolutely untrue! As per his description, it doesn't sound at all like what he is describing. While these amps get better when they are cranked, I don't think they sound at all like what he is hearing when playing at bedroom volumes - especially since he doesn't even mention what level he plays at. The rule of "has to be cranked in order to sound good" does not apply to most Mesas.

Having owned a roadster, tremoverb, rectoverb, mark IV and many others, none of them sounded fizzy and buzzy at low volumes. Just not as great as they could have sounded.

Latest posts

Back