Who's got simul-class OT specs, so I can send them to M. M.?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phyrexia

Reaction score
I've talked to Paul at Mercury Magnetics and Trace at Voodoo amps and neither of them know anything about simul-class OTs so far. We should educate them. Unfortunately I don't have a simul-class output transformer to let Trace look at.

Anybody know the specs or have a spare?

Boogiebabies said:
If I give up the specs do I get a free Mercury Simul transformer?
I mean, all the time and effort invested in Boogie lore.

You should get atleast 2 or 3 trannys

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but they seem to have the simulclass transformer now... MBRK-O with the 4-8-16 ohm tap. I inquired about a MK2c one, and they said this is the one... $275 tho, ouch

Yeah, That's what I thought too... But Patrick said it was for MK2C.
He also said if I want the 4 and 8 ohm taps check back when ordering, he doesn't have a part number yet...

The road king would be 120 watt simulclass right?

I thought the RK's progressive linkage was a whole different beast than Simul-Class. Although I guess he can't say Simul-Class on the webpage because it's a trademark.

Maybe he saw those ebay auctions for $500 transformers and figured he'd build some $300 ones.

phyrexia said:
I thought the RK's progressive linkage was a whole different beast than Simul-Class. Although I guess he can't say Simul-Class on the webpage because it's a trademark.

Maybe he saw those ebay auctions for $500 transformers and figured he'd build some $300 ones.

Interesting. £250 just happens to be $500 (£1 ~ $2), which is how much a custom made one would cost here in the UK (85W @ 50Hz) which is a fair price. Blame it on the weak US economy coupled with the strong pound! I won't be selling any more though, the four I have are mine to keep.

I'll do no such bashing of the US Dollar! (Only the president. It's his fault. ;))

So if I buy one of these US made MM trannies, can I sell them to UKers for $350 and post them for $50, and you guys would be happy and I would be happy?

I thought the RK's progressive linkage was a whole different beast than Simul-Class

Right you are sir, the progressive linkage doesn't seem to offer Class A, only PP. (as far as I can tell with no schematic)

The names seems like a Road King tranny. I would check to be sure.

I just emailed him... I'll report back soon.

Dan__O said:
I thought the RK's progressive linkage was a whole different beast than Simul-Class

Right you are sir, the progressive linkage doesn't seem to offer Class A, only PP. (as far as I can tell with no schematic)

All progressive linkage is is two different tube types running at the same time. (EL34's and 6L6's). simul-class is two different classes running simultaneously. so Class A El34's and Class A/B 6L6's

Ok, he just got back to me, and he said it IS for the road king :?
He thought they were the same. Heyboer said they can make one, but they need the impedances...

OK I just heard back from Patrick.
They do have a MK2 simulclass transformer:

MBMK2-O for 4 & 8 ohm and is $185.00
MBMK2-OM for 4-8-16 ohm and is $195.00

Latest posts

Back