Who Plays Straight Into Their Mesa?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, a lot of no B.S. players here, can't hide going cable to amp. It occurred to me that there are al ot of hits on Mesa for being so complicated in design, but really their features allows you to cut a lot of effects, maybe making your set up simplier.

i play a overwater guitar or strat straight into the mk4 and play blues,rock
and sometimes jazz styles, over the last couple of months i have been trying a delay through the effects loop for the solos

With my Rectifier I play straight in with only a Boss DD-6 Digital Delay in the FX Loop.

Guitars being a BC Rich NJ Series Neck Thru Warlock w/ EMG 81 Pickups and the other guitar is a ESP M-II Neck Thru w/ EMG 81 Pickups.

When I use the BC Rich I need to use a Noise Supressor (either a ISP Decimator or a Boss NS-2 if I want to run some more pedals) cause that guitar feeds back pretty badly.

+Mike+

when with the band its roots style
telecaster-cable-dual rec(well the rec isnt very roots)
we play alt. rock

when at home i play everything,jazz,metal,mostly prog stuff like Dream Theater so I use my RG and i have loads of pedals out front for this style!!

I run straight into my T-Verb full stack with a Parker Nitefly alder bolt-on with three single coil Lindy Fralins, and a Parker Hornet all mahogany set-neck with Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates and JB. No effects. Ever. After playing 25 years and more than 1000 gigs my experience has taught me to Keep It Simple Stupid! 8)

Straight in my recto...i prefer to wait few weeks finishing my wet/dry/wet rig instead of passing my distortion in series with digital reverb...

I usually go straight in to my F-50, nothing in the loop or anything, though I have a Boss ME-50 I run through sometimes, if I need some effect for something, or if I'm just messing around. I also tried a BBE Sonic Maximizer in the loop briefly -- I've gotten great results out of other amps with it. It didn't really do anything for the Mesa, though, I guess it's already sonically maximized. :p

I only use a stage tuner and a crybaby wah in front of my roadster.

EB/MM JP6 Candy Apple Red (fully loaded) into Peterson StroboStomp II into Stiletto Ace 112 Combo using PW Circuit Breaker/standard cables. Occasionally a pedal or two, but nothing I must have. Dunlop Jazz III's a must.

So far, I'm not using anything in front of my Ace. I'm getting curious to try out an H&K Replex in the loop, though. Maybe someday when I'm feeling motivated, I'll patch it in.

I play straight into the amp, no effects.
I use a lespaul studio with burstbuckers pro, a lespaul Menace, an SG faded equipped with 498/490, a LTD H400 with EMGs and a Yamaha RGX-A2 all through a Recto-Verb II with a 2X12 3/4 back and a 2X12 Recto cab.
I mostly play my own stuff, but also some Sabbath, Priest, LedZep, etc...
Sometimes, maybe once or twice a year, I get an itch and I use a Digitech Delay and/or a Dunlop Cry Baby for an hour or two.
Then I get fed up of them and put them away and go back to guitar and amp only.
Sometimes I hit a chord or a single note and I just stop playing and let it ring and my mind goes like a screensaver and I just "listen" for a little while. Gives me goosebumps over my goosebumps. That's one of those things that makes having a Mesa so gratifying.

yes and no. the only thing in front of my amp is a BOSS TU2 tuner and NS2 noise gate. however, i run our the slave out of the amp into a rocktron xpression to the return of a fender performer 1000 combo amp.

this has been working for me so far. if i don't want to hear any effects i'll just turn the output knob of the xpression down.

I've never used FX that much, but if I do decide to add some effects it'll probably be the Boss GT-8. Anyway, I use either my Fender Strat or my Carvin DC727C straight into my Roadster head/Stiletto cab using Monster cables. I play everything from Jazz to Metal...except for stupid stuff like emo and hardcore...and hip hop Lol. I mainly play Progressive Rock/Metal though.

flieger67 said:
So far, I'm not using anything in front of my Ace. I'm getting curious to try out an H&K Replex in the loop, though. Maybe someday when I'm feeling motivated, I'll patch it in.

The OCD overdrive sounds amazing in front of the crunch channel.

Analog delay in the loop = bliss

Latest posts

Back