Who gigs with a 2x12 mesa cab?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poweredbysoul

Reaction score
Just order a Stiletto 2x12 cab for my Deuce head. I noticed after ordering that their height is noticably shorter than the 1x12 Lone star cab I was using. I need the extra speaker as I will be gigging bars and at times unmiked. New to push more air, bigger sound. Now my question is will it still sound ok on the floor. What are the pros and cons to elevating it.
Any help appreciated!!

I played a short set this past week with my DR and a standard recto 212 cab on the floor. I had it mic'd but that turned out to be waaaay too loud for the room so the sound guy dialed me way back in the PA, and i backed off the volume considerably too. By the time we had it mixed right i'd say it was probably 70/30 between the amp/PA. It was a mid sized room that can hold 100+ but with a real low ceiling. I didn't have to work hard to push air in that room.

I'm told it sounded great.

I play in a hard rock band...fender strat/tele >mark 3>recto 2x12 horizontal cab and get to much bass on the floor....it,s better up(isn,t it always lol).

Latest posts

Back