Which Mesa is best with a Telecaster?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosajwp

Reaction score
Which Mesa's have you guys had the most success with when used with a Telecaster? Particularly interested in the Heartbreaker and the Tremoverb.

My Lone Star Special is stellar with my Nocaster..........stay away from Stiletto Ace with a single coil.

I've unfortunately never tried a Tremoverb or a Heartbreaker. I do play a lot of Tele's though. IMO, you can't go wrong with a MKIV.

My 5:50 1 x 12 as great with my blackguard style Tele clone.

I would strongly recommend a Lonestar or Lonestar Special . The LSC would be better for country & classic Rock .You have more clean headroom with the 100/50 watt option. The LSS has great cleans but if you play at a loud stage volume the 30 watts tends to break up . I would stay away from the stilletto ace with my Tele it was very bright & I could not get a decent dirty tone at all. The Heart breaker was a very dark sounding amp I had to really crank the highs to get a nice clean sound. So to just plug your Tele straight in the amp and get a killer tone I would suggest the LSC.

Lonestar Classic is the best amp that cost less than two grand that
I have ever used with my Tele. I recommend it highly.

I have an 69' thinline that sounds god like through my LSC, esspecially in the neck position on the clean channel and the bridge postion on chn 2. If you are going for the tele clean spank, go check out a LSC.

Hey...I'm a Tele' man. I play the blues. I like and play roots rock. Not much country, but I do dig it. I've been thru Fender Tele's, Strats, 335,s, 355's, LP's...alot. but nothing responds like a Tele. It's so raw. It's rock, it's blues, it's country. What other guitar says all that? Nothin else can say it like a Tele. So now I play only G&L ASAT's. Been thru Lots of Fender amps ( which I love ) , and recently got a LSS. It's a dream come true for a Tele player. But...I do A/B it w/a Fender 50 watt 4x10 . It seems I can't do without both. The LSS is my #1. But..somethin about a fender clean.
The breakup is nice on the LSS. The Fender breakup...not so nice. The LSS clean...has girth. The fender clean ..is Fender clean ( what all amps strive for and compared to, in cleans. the benchmark). I could probably do without the Fender easier than I could the LSS. But I am thinking of the LSC for cleans. Or maybe the Express 5:50, but more than likely the LSC. I don't know about the breakup of the LSC.
I haven't had a problem with cleans on the LSS in large outdoor venues, but we mike it. I love this amp ( LSS), but the cleans on the LSC at volume I would think would think are better. But...do you want good breakup? Thats where I would lean towards the LSS. It's a real sweety pie both ways IMHO if you can mike at large outdoor venues. I've not played thru a LSC, but I will probably buy one in the next 6 months. But I can attest to a Tele thru the LSS. I love a Tele...

Hey...I'm a Tele' man. I play the blues. I like and play roots rock. Not much country, but I do dig it. I've been thru Fender Tele's, Strats, 335,s, 355's, LP's...alot. but nothing responds like a Tele. It's so raw. It's rock, it's blues, it's country. What other guitar says all that? Nothin else can say it like a Tele. So now I play only G&L ASAT's. Been thru Lots of Fender amps ( which I love ) , and recently got a LSS. It's a dream come true for a Tele player. But...I do A/B it w/a Fender 50 watt 4x10 . It seems I can't do without both. The LSS is my #1. But..somethin about a fender clean.
The breakup is nice on the LSS. The Fender breakup...not so nice. The LSS clean...has girth. The fender clean ..is Fender clean ( what all amps strive for and compared to, in cleans. the benchmark). I could probably do without the Fender easier than I could the LSS. But I am thinking of the LSC for cleans. Or maybe the Express 5:50, but more than likely the LSC. I don't know about the breakup of the LSC.
I haven't had a problem with cleans on the LSS in large outdoor venues, but we mike it. I love this amp ( LSS), but the cleans on the LSC at volume I would think would think are better. But...do you want good breakup? Thats where I would lean towards the LSS. It's a real sweety pie both ways IMHO if you can mike at large outdoor venues. I've not played thru a LSC, but I will probably buy one in the next 6 months. But I can attest to a Tele thru the LSS. I love a Tele...

I play a strat and a tele. The tele sounds very good through a DC-3, both clean and overdriven. It also sounds VERY good on the clean channel of my F-50, although not as strong with the overdrive on that amp. I have a buddy who also plays a tele through a LSS, and it sounds extremely good.

The great thing about all these Boogies is that they really do let the character of the guitar shine through, but kind of adds a bit of a hot rodded chatacter to the sound. Personally, I love what EL84s do for a tele, so maybe that's why I'm a big fan of the tele DC-3 combination.

if a 2 channel amp is not a necessity for you - one channel and some pedals - then a Mark III could not be better or a .50 cal +.

2 channels - LSC. end of discussion.

...or LSC if you need more than 30-watts (i know i did).

...come to think of it I can't believe Mesa does not make a LSS with a 100 watt option...that would RULE!

I can understand the Lone Star responses.

For what it's worth, my American Deluxe Ash Tele through Ace Stiletto is a great sound for rock. It's my favorite combination now. I don't necessarily use that country chicken-pickin' Tele tone, but a bit more of a rock monster with a good bite. Would be fun to find yourself a Mesa dealer and play Tele's through them to hear all of the differences.

i get great Tele Twang with my F-100 clean channel. a blackface tone that is very harmonic. it has more punch than a DRRI and loads of clean headroom.

the Lonestar has a nice clean channel as well. maybe a touch more mid range. really stellar tones to be had though.

the DC-3 sounds pretty good, but there is too little headroom for me. very Voxy and sooooo smooth.

I've been using a Blue Angel 1;12 with a Tele for well over a year and loving it. So I'm guessing the LSS is about as close as you can get to that.

My 91' American Tele is my #1 but I'm looking at G&l's.

Best of luck.

Murph.

I love playing through my Roadster...I get some great country spank out of channel 2 with a compressor.

On another note, I fell in love with the LSS/Fender Esquire combination at guitar center. I went back 2 or 3 times a week after work just to jam on that setup. I don't think I've ever smiled that much while playing.

Back