Which Mesa for me?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukeness

Reaction score
I was thinking of a used Tremoverb head or a new Rectoverb head or even a dual Recto.

I play a PRS hollowbody and a custom made Telecaster with a humbucker in the bridge.

I want to obtain a modern disto sound ala Incubus (pre A Crow Left...) and the clean sounds of a Fender.

I think the ultimate clean sounds is like what John Mayer obtains in "Something's Missing".

Is it even remotely possible to get these sounds with the above amps?

Ofcouse, the disto channel is more important, but I want a good warm toob clean sound too.

What do you think?
Tremoverb? Rectoverb? Dual Recto?

Actually, if you're after the Crow Left of the Murder tones, you've got the wrong guitar. Mike Einzinger used Jazzmasters on the majority of that album, and I don't think a PRS Hollowbody could sound like one of those through ANY amp.

cool. But I actually said "pre" A Crow Left of the Murder.

I know he uses Fenders in the new album... but I loved his sound when he played the PRS Hollowbodies.

So I got the right guitar. And I know Mike played a Tremoverb combo with the guitar. But I wanna get a really good clean tone as well.

Thanks for the try anyways.

Anyone else?

best bet? get a single rec and a fender...your never going to get that clean sound out of a high gain boogie, and you'll never get the meat of a trem out of a fender.. OR, i've heard that Mkiv's have a pretty close clean and pretty rectoish gain...probably your best road if you want it all in one amp with the word mesa scrawlled accorss the front.

musicbox said:
best bet? get a single rec and a fender...your never going to get that clean sound out of a high gain boogie, and you'll never get the meat of a trem out of a fender.. OR, i've heard that Mkiv's have a pretty close clean and pretty rectoish gain...probably your best road if you want it all in one amp with the word mesa scrawlled accorss the front.

The mark IV has an awesome clean, but I wouldnt say the gain is rectoish.
While it is a highly versatile amp and you can get lots of tones out of it, I wouldnt say its rectoish.
The distortion is almost more smoother. But then again, it depends on how you dial it in...

Latest posts

Back