which mesa boogie is this test! metal tho

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Living_justice

Reaction score
here's a small recording of me just messing about with tone, so can you guess which amp this is, just recorded with a zoom h2.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=726806

I'd say a Mark, probably a III or IV, with a 4x12, distant mic'd. Nice sound btw.

Mark 4b with a closed back 1x12 laney cab, you know your tone trem fair play mate, distant miced as well, well on top of the head, thanks guys, i av cut the 240 on the eq.

Living_justice said:
Mark 4b with a closed back 1x12 laney cab, you know your tone trem fair play mate, distant miced as well, well on top of the head, thanks guys, i av cut the 240 on the eq.

What guitar/pickups are you using, speaker in the cab?

Living_justice said:
i av cut the 240 on the eq.
That's quite the scoop. I do that on my IV every once in a while when I just feel like jamming really heavy tunes. Not as useful in a recording/mixing context, but for room-tone it's brutal. :)

i can hear it's a mk IV because of the top end bite and the amount of gain it has.... both bright and pull gain is pulled??

Wow. Thats a MKIV? Pretty brutal and bad-*** sounding. Its got that very heavy and scooped sound (which makes sense since you said you scooped the GEQ) Sounds cool. Its funny how a riff can sound completely different just because of how it is EQ'd. I mean, listening to that riff, I think it probably wouldnt sound as good to my ears if it wasnt scooped like it is. It sounds "heavier" and more "brutal". I love both MKIV's and Rectos cause they both do their own thing perfectly, and while a Recto just has that big mean sound, I think its riffs like this one with specific knob tweaking that proves a MKIV can sound pretty big and mean in its own way. Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back