Which mark series poweramp is the 395 closest to?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meson Boogie

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the 395 is closest to in the mark series?
Pictures in this thread: http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=14988

From what I can tell from my limited knowledge, the class A tubes are wired in pentode, so I'm expecting it to be closest to the mark IV or III green, if any.
There's a 2.7K resistor coming from pin 4 of the A side, and a 1K resistor from pin 4 of the AB. There's also 130(?) and 15 ohms off pin 5 of A and AB respectively.
I'm guessing this info is useless without knowing the voltages though.

Can I drop el34s into the class A sockets without modification? I've also read on this board that the amp doesn't actually physically fit 6l6gc str440s, can anyone confirm this? I know it's true for el34s.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Meson Boogie said:
Does anyone know what the 395 is closest to in the mark series?
Pictures in this thread: http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=14988

From what I can tell from my limited knowledge, the class A tubes are wired in pentode, so I'm expecting it to be closest to the mark IV or III green, if any.
There's a 2.7K resistor coming from pin 4 of the A side, and a 1K resistor from pin 4 of the AB. There's also 130(?) and 15 ohms off pin 5 of A and AB respectively.
I'm guessing this info is useless without knowing the voltages though.

Can I drop el34s into the class A sockets without modification? I've also read on this board that the amp doesn't actually physically fit 6l6gc str440s, can anyone confirm this? I know it's true for el34s.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

You can put EL34's in the outer sockets without modification. The power section is wired in Simul Class with the outer sockets in Triode, or Class A. There is a 980K-1M resistor from pins 1/8 to pin 5 for the triode connection. It most likely would have been modeled after a MK III power section, but not a green stripe. The plate voltage is usually 470-490 and these power amps are stupid loud.

Latest posts

Back