Which Mark series amp is for me???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analogkid1974

Reaction score
Hey y'all. I'm new here. I've owne everything under the sun and have come full circle. I am back to boogie. What, in your opinion(s) is the best Mark combo to deliver blues, rock, jazz (knopfler clean, eric johnson OD, Jeff Beck agression)?? This has probably been answered a million times on this board. But, help a guy out. I was thinkin a Mark III red stripe. I do't want to shell out $2500 or more for a IIc+. :?:

for what you are playing i would say a mark IV. The mark III will get all of those tones but they probably wont be the best as there is a shared eq.

Also try in the vintage forum.

I should say that I just got rid of a Lonestar classic. It was one of the best clean channels but the od in my opinion was horrible. If the amps gonna have 2 or more channels I need them to be equal.

analogkid1974 said:
I should say that I just got rid of a Lonestar classic. It was one of the best clean channels but the od in my opinion was horrible. If the amps gonna have 2 or more channels I need them to be equal.

Have you ever played a heartbreaker? I have never played a Lonestar, but for blues, rock and especially jazz, the heartbreaker is hard to beat IMO. Heartbreaker is a Tribute to the Mark I and a bit beyond that.
6l6, 6v6 or EL34's

Plus, Cats around here seem to be scoring these for cheap lately.

I am wanting to convert my combo to a head so It lessens the weight a bit. :idea:

Latest posts

Back