Which cabinet for the Mark II C+ head?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markchatwin

Reaction score
What would be the ultimate cabinet(s) for this head? I define ultimate as not volume but recording quality - ie. delivering a variety of tone for a variety of musical styles. The type of music I do is 70's rock ala Doobie Brothers, clean jazz, blues. I've heard that having a combination of cabinets like an open back and closed back Thiele type would allow many styles to be covered. Do you go big and do 4x12's, middle like 2x12's, or stick one mic on a 1x12?

Lastly do you look for certain vintages of these cabinets like the Thieles from the late 80's?

this does it great for me

Two mesa 1x12's with Ev 200's on top of each other

bottom one a theile, top one a half back!

Huge!

Tom

Shep said:
this does it great for me

Two mesa 1x12's with Ev 200's on top of each other

bottom one a theile, top one a half back!

Huge!

Tom
Great suggestion, I was was going to say one or the other...But both would would be trick. I have ran mine with a recto 1x12 before and I liked it as well.(Might depend on the type gig thing)

I'd strongly consider C90s in open or 3/4 back cabs. I really like my IIC+ through the Mesa 2x12 3/4 back with C90s. Great versatility and only one cabinet.

G1265s also give a lot of versatility in a closed back config. More greenback like tone, less mids, crispier highs, but still smooth. Not a big bass speaker though.

Latest posts

Back