Which cab is better???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gts said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That is so funny! Hey if you've got the space (and the cash) why not!!
And I bet he's having a lot of fun with these as well as had a lot of fun searching for/finding and buying them all!

I have always felt that speakers are the key to tone. For example, take an average amp and use a great sounding cabinet. The end result should be good. Now take the best amp and play it through a crappy cabinet. It will sound like poop! A lot of people tend to buy and sell amps because "its not their sound" when in reality, it is the speakers. I can play my JCM800 with a cab loaded with 75's and it is pure Metal, take the same amp, but use greenback 25's and it now becomes a new beast. The same with my Mark IV. Play through a cab loaded with MC-90's and it sounds great. Now play through a cab loaded with EVM12L's and it sounds completely different. ..don't get me started on the differences between straight and slant cabs :oops: Sure it is overkill, but there is nothing like being able to get any sound you can think of 8) .

psychodave said:
I have always felt that speakers are the key to tone. For example, take an average amp and use a great sounding cabinet. The end result should be good. Now take the best amp and play it through a crappy cabinet. It will sound like poop! A lot of people tend to buy and sell amps because "its not their sound" when in reality, it is the speakers. I can play my JCM800 with a cab loaded with 75's and it is pure Metal, take the same amp, but use greenback 25's and it now becomes a new beast. The same with my Mark IV. Play through a cab loaded with MC-90's and it sounds great. Now play through a cab loaded with EVM12L's and it sounds completely different. ..don't get me started on the differences between straight and slant cabs :oops: Sure it is overkill, but there is nothing like being able to get any sound you can think of 8) .

I thought it was not about finding every sound...but rather creating your own signature sound. I think its overkill....but looks badass.

vertigo_ said:
psychodave said:

I thought it was not about finding every sound...but rather creating your own signature sound. I think its overkill....but looks badass.

Why wouldnt creating my own sound be encompassed in creating any sound? :?: :wink:

psychodave said:
vertigo_ said:
psychodave said:

Why wouldnt creating my own sound be encompassed in creating any sound? :?: :wink:

oh u are one of those...:) aight bro, more power to you. I love love to hear all those cabs on at the same time. A REAL WALL OF SOUND!

Latest posts

Back