Which bridge pickups do you like with your STILETTO?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackieTHEjokeman

Reaction score
First off, I have only ever found good sounds on my Stiletto by using just the bridge pickup. I 've noticed that on days I feel I can't get a good sound out of my Stiletto, it's because I am using my Seymour JB equipped axe. I really like it with my Seymour Duncan Distortion axe and my EMG 81 equipped guitar. Maybe it's because of the ceramic magnets with those two.
Stiletto owners: What do you like in your bridge with your Stiletto? My votes:

Seymour Duncan Distortion
EMG 81

Currently I am using two strats, both with Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates humbuckers in the bridge position. While this pickup sounds good, I wouldn't say they necessarily sound outstanding to my ears. A little muddy to me. I have had both of these guitars for several years, but didn't notice the muddiness until I started playing through higher gain amplifiers. (my other amp is a fender Custon Vibrolux Reverb)

I'm anxious to see what others are using here. I would like to find a pickup that has a higher powered, clearer toned sound too it. Not more trebley.... clearer.

dimarzio PAFs in an 84 gibson explorer, gibson 500T in a gibson les paul, and PRS dragon in a (you guessed it) PRS Custom 24.

all sound really good, the scooped mids on the 500T give an awesome slash type tone, i have a 490 (i believe) in the neck of the les paul and you get that awesome tubular tone with some upper mid range bite its beautiful, the Dragon sounds good, its a heavy mid range pick up, with like no mud in the low end and it can be a little overbearing, it just kind of removes the thump from the amp and just gives it too much honk (and i like the mid range honk thats why i bought the stilleto for a marshall tone to compliment my dual rec)

but by far my favorite is the Dimarzio PAFs, I bought the explorer and it has all orginal parts except for the pickups, and at first i was like man i didnt realize they were PAFs (i was afraid of the low output) but i must say these pickups and this guitar is just amazing, its just so natuarl, raw and smoothe at the same time, and SOOOOOO dynamics sensitive, it is my guitar of choice, the tone thru the stilleto and dual rec. is awesome

Back