Which 12AX7's in a 50+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mule#1

Reaction score
I have seen a post a while back about different 12AX7's in a 50+. They were all different brands. Does anybody know where that is on the board or can you suggest something? I recently had my tech do some work and I'm not sure he put them back the same as they were. When I bought it they were all different. I did put new boogie 425 power tubes in place of the Sovtex 5881's and I'm experiencing less gain.
Thanks!

as i recall, a lot of gain was controlled by V2 - contact Dougs and get his take on the tubes you can get to increase gain. his selection was perfect for my .50+ and i have kept them for one of my Mk3 amps.

roger

If less gain is the problem, you cannot go wrong with high gain JJ 12AX7's from eurotubes. I have them in a couple spots, and a few backups. They even sounded better than a few NOS tubes that I have...

Gain has not been a problem. But these are good suggestions! I have actually been happy with a split of Sovtek and Groove tubes 12AX7C's. Somewhere someone suggested different tubes in each socket.

Latest posts

Back