Where can I get a decent Shock-Proof rack?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaGod666

Reaction score
I need a 20 space shock-proof rack for all my new rack pieces. Does anyone know where I can order one/pick one up?

What brand has the best value and what brand has the best quality? (SKB Sux BTW)

MesaGod666 said:
I need a 20 space shock-proof rack for all my new rack pieces. Does anyone know where I can order one/pick one up?

What brand has the best value and what brand has the best quality? (SKB Sux BTW)

I would look for a used Mesa Boogie one on craigslist if I were you. I picked one up on craigslist for $375 shipped. The build quality is insane.

Off-topic:

MesaGod666:

How would you compare Engl E530, Mesa Triaxis and JMP-1 preamps?

My bandmate is considering if changing JMP-1 to Engl. Is it worth trying? I had JMP-1 for a long time, I recently bought Rectifier preamp. I found cleans a lot better, vintage-mode on channel2 is better mode especially trying to nail that lead-tone. I miss the programmability of JMP-1. I guess Triaxis would solve that. That Engl is here (in Finland) about 350€ (500$) and Triaxis is 2500€ (3390$) so there's few dollars between those two preamps..

vipmetal said:
Off-topic:

MesaGod666:

How would you compare Engl E530, Mesa Triaxis and JMP-1 preamps?

My bandmate is considering if changing JMP-1 to Engl. Is it worth trying? I had JMP-1 for a long time, I recently bought Rectifier preamp. I found cleans a lot better, vintage-mode on channel2 is better mode especially trying to nail that lead-tone. I miss the programmability of JMP-1. I guess Triaxis would solve that. That Engl is here (in Finland) about 350€ (500$) and Triaxis is 2500€ (3390$) so there's few dollars between those two preamps..

The short answer is yes, but your bandmate will not get that classic Marshall sound no matter how hard he tries. I'm not a big fan of the recto tone to begin with (unless it's the Roadster). I checked out the Rectifier preamp and was not impressed. I figure you can spend about a third of that for a solo head and have all you'll need. The Triaxis/2:Ninety Rig is spendy (about $3,700 American), but it is worth it. You will never need to buy another amp ever...for metal.

The question you should be asking is, what are you trying to accomplish with your tone?

Cheers my Finnish friend!

MesaGod666 said:

Cheap version but pretty decent: New York Case Company (they sell on ebay)

Expensive but can't go wrong: Anvil Cases

There are different versions of "shock" mount too: foam versus actually shock-type supports/suspension.

Suspended provides better airflow for gear that might have high heat output. Heat might be an issue with multiple power amps or critically sensitive equipment (e.g., computers).

Foam is cheaper and practically speaking is probably sufficient for most applications (including power amps).

Here is an example of a suspended rack I found on ebay:

242617864_o.jpg

^^The SUS-4 racks are very durable. I've had my 16 space for about 16 years now. It's been through some rough stuff, and it's held up well and protected my gear very well.

Latest posts

Back