When Mesa Boogie sold the Mark II C+ head their intentions ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JOEY B. said:
The "halfback" 2x12 or 4x12 Boogie cabs, or the 1x12 open back or thiele if you bought the short chassis model. :D
I have the long chassis.

I have two "Sonic" cabs that are 2x12 vertical. One is straight the other is slant. I am thinking of loading them up with EVM 12L and that is kind of the root of my post.

I don't want to use 4x12 (backline space). I have a three Marshall and one Fender 4x12's. I am steering towards loading the Sonic slant with ev 12L's.

What do you think of that idea? I want a small footprint, yet true to virtues of it all.

The Sonics are like 23" wide so...it would look right.

I don't know if you are familiar with the Sonics. They are vey well built Balck Tolex with nice hardware and have a fine look/ reputation in my view.
I bought the Sonics in 1991 and have kept them in covers and they still look new.

I will look for the Mesa product eventually, but I am supposed to get the amp tomorrow and I am thinkng through things like, what cab and what first song to play. I am being giddy. :)

i often wonder about that with the mark IV's.
i know it was metal grills in the begining, but when those went out in the early 90's, was it recto cabs?

I like the 2 x 12" vertical half-back with the metal grille. Loaded with either 2 EVM12Ls or one EV and a JBL K120. The JBL adds a little bit of top end 'sparkle' without getting harsh or compromising the power handling. It's a good sensitivity match to the EV as well. I run the EV in the Theile(ish) bottom section of the cab and the JBL in the open back top section.

GIG4FUN said:
When the head was sold, what was the cabinet they sold to use with it?

I have a lot of cabs. I am not sure what to use to get to that holy place.

I am curious what it was expected to drive.

That holy place does not exist so you should sell it to me and buy a different Boogie!!!!!! lol You cant blame a guy for trying!

mule#1 said:
GIG4FUN said:
When the head was sold, what was the cabinet they sold to use with it?

I have a lot of cabs. I am not sure what to use to get to that holy place.

I am curious what it was expected to drive.

That holy place does not exist so you should sell it to me and buy a different Boogie!!!!!! lol You cant blame a guy for trying!
well then it is off to "the Crossroads" to make
"that" deal! LOL

As allready stated they offered all of the above. The 4X12 Metal Grill Halfback, the 2x12 Metal Grill Halfback, the Thiele usually to go with the small Head or a Combo.

Back then you usually saw the 100 watt wide on the Halfback 4x12, the Colesium setting on two 4x12's and the small heads in either 100 or 60 watt setting on the smaller cabs but there were no rules. Most all of the speakers Boogie used was could usually take what ever you put in em so it didnt much matter.

As an example of what you could do a good friend of mine used to use an originol SWR Red into a Boogie 4x12 Halfback with EV's in it and it worked great!

Back