What's the power outlet on the back of the Mark IV for?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SonVolt

Reaction score
On the back of the head there's a 3 prong electrical outlet. What's it there for? Can I plug my pedal power supply into it? Cain I plug another head into it?

Pedal power yes, another head, no. Unless your Mark IV has been modified, the outlet is rated for 200 watts. Although the Mark IV's output power is rated at 15-85 watts rms, it's power consumption is more than 200 watts. You might want to add up the power requirements of all of your pedals if you have an extensive set-up, but a simple "pedal power" unit doesn't eat too much. Even a bunch of foot pedals add up to only a couple of watts.

Markedman said:
Pedal power yes, another head, no. Unless your Mark IV has been modified, the outlet is rated for 200 watts. Although the Mark IV's output power is rated at 15-85 watts rms, it's power consumption is more than 200 watts. You might want to add up the power requirements of all of your pedals if you have an extensive set-up, but a simple "pedal power" unit doesn't eat too much. Even a bunch of foot pedals add up to only a couple of watts.

I have a Voodoo Pedal Power 2 Plus. Would this cause extra noise if I plug it into the amp?

I have an accessory outlet on my Mark III Coliseum, I plug other amps into it no problem, anything else too............

Back