whats the diffrence and which would you get?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

verity38

Reaction score
i know about a Mesa Dual Rectifier 3 Chan. but whats the dif. between that and a Dual Rectifier Solo Head. Here is a picture

mesa0021nf5.jpg

Both are dual rectifier solo heads....but there are 3 and 2 channel versions.

The newest ones are the 3 channel. More options, and obviously, an extra channel.

The older 2 channel ones are said to have a better tone, but I have yet to try one.

One way or the other, you will be happy!

Both are dual rectifier solo heads....but there are 3 and 2 channel versions.

The newest ones are the 3 channel. More options, and obviously, an extra channel.

The older 2 channel ones are said to have a better tone, but I have yet to try one.

One way or the other, you will be happy!

but this one looks like it has one chan? if so is it a distortion..im guessing..also..if not what are the chans just a solo and clean?

The horizontal row of knobs above the letters is one channel and the other set below the words is the other channel :)

yea i just saw that lol thanks..has anyone played one of thease..cuz its only 800 so i am very interested and think i might get it

p.s. does anyone know if their warrenty rolls over or is it only good for the first owner?

I have never played one, but if you are wanting a rectifier for distortion only..... the older 2 ch Dual's are supposed to be the "holy grail" of the rectifiers. But if you need a clean channel, they aren't supposed to have a very good clean channel...... so it all depends on what you need or want.

The warranty is a 5 yr transferrable warranty, if the original owner is selling it to you then have him sign something that says you are the new owner and he transfers the warranty over to you (I think that'll work). I think you also need a copy of the reciept.

alright sweet thanks man..and yes distortion is what im looking for i play in a scremo band..so thanks for the help guys i think im gonna get it pending on the sound..

-marc

yea me and my friend were talking last night and we came to the conclusion that Mesa is best built, and that the older Dual is so much better then the new dual. But I also did find a new 2003 dual for 800 so i will prolly test out both before i buy.

-marc

remember that there are different versions also:

Single Rectifier-50 watts. a couple of less options. good for distortion, but less clean headroom
Dual Rectifier-100 watts. a couple of more options. great balance. you can reduce it to 50 watts.
Triple Rectifier-150 watts. same as dual. great for clean headroom, but you gotta crank to get saturation on distortion. cannot reduce wattage.

the duals and triples came in 2 channels up to around 2001 or so. Then they introduced the 3channel. In my experience, owning both kinds, the 2channels sound a lot better. Have fun.

I will answer you this having owned many of the different rec heads. If you are in a screamo band and like what is out there now, just get the three channel, most screamo is done off the "buzziness" of the new rec's.

Honestly the 2 channel is alot warmer and more organic, but if you only own one you wouldnt know the difference, however if you have both and put them side by side, you will notice the difference.

PS, if you can get both for 800 each, then i would buy each one, test them out and sell which one you do not want, you can easily get 1200 on ebay for the 3 channel, and easily get 1000 for the 2 channel.

siggy14 said:
I will answer you this having owned many of the different rec heads. If you are in a screamo band and like what is out there now, just get the three channel, most screamo is done off the "buzziness" of the new rec's.

Honestly the 2 channel is alot warmer and more organic, but if you only own one you wouldnt know the difference, however if you have both and put them side by side, you will notice the difference.

Might just be me, but i'm sure alot of the screamo/emo/whatever-mo type bands only seem to use Rectos because they're "cool" and have a good look.

Might just be me though.

Latest posts

Back