What would you pay?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rampage

Reaction score
Hey dudes, I've heard about all the glory of the older vertical 2x12 halfbacks and it has rubbed off on me. So I was wondering: What would you guys pay for one? I have the cash, just I don't want to over pay if I don't need to.

I would say about $350. You can get the 4x12 for $500.

Cool, I figured they would go for a little bit more, but the lower the better! :D

I saw one in a shop locally in relatively good condition for $475. Figure I might try to haggle them down and get a nice cabinet for a nice price.

I saw one of the 4x12 cabs on ebay for $500 but I don't think I will need one. I think dual 2x12 cabs will be perfect for what I need.

Call Highland Music at (205) 254-3288. Ask for Emmanuel. They have one in stock, good condition, with celestion 100s. $350. They might ship it for you.

phyrexia said:
Call Highland Music at (205) 254-3288. Ask for Emmanuel. They have one in stock, good condition, with celestion 100s. $350. They might ship it for you.

I wouldn't take Emmanuel's or Jeff's word for it unless they (or you) physically laid eyes on the speakers.

They said my 4x12 was G12-75s and Vintage 50s, and it had G12-65s and MS-12s (and stuffed with eggshell foam).

But, it is in great shape. I almost bought it instead of my 4x12 for the weight savings, but the allure of the 4x12 won out in the end.

phyrexia said:

Thanks for the tip man but I'm looking to score one with an EV in it and the Black Shadow. I saw the one on ebay right now that is at $400 but for that price it looks like it has been around the block a few times.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200116555673&indexURL=1#ebayphotohosting

lockbody said:
phyrexia said:

I wouldn't take Emmanuel's or Jeff's word for it unless they (or you) physically laid eyes on the speakers.

They said my 4x12 was G12-75s and Vintage 50s, and it had G12-65s and MS-12s (and stuffed with eggshell foam).

But, it is in great shape. I almost bought it instead of my 4x12 for the weight savings, but the allure of the 4x12 won out in the end.

:D Emmanuel says he used to own that cab, but I haven't pulled the back off it. (Jeff is only nice when he comes in my store so I don't deal with him.)

Well, went to the shop to check out the cab again with my trusty screwdriver. Turns out what I thought was an EV is actually a Celestion Vintage 30 :x and the wiring looks very sloppy. No 2x12 for me right now :( .

Latest posts

Back