What was your first amp???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 1969 Fender Deluxe Reverb. I found it in the classifieds and bought it for $200(in 1991). It was dead mint except for a replacement handle made of leather. I was 15 and like most 15 year olds I was afflicted with stupidity so I traded it in because it didn't have distortion. The guys at the music store must have thought I was a total moron. What a mistake!

Some crappy old amp called a Dumble.. it looked "Dumb" but sounded pretty good ...All tube but but most amp's were in those day's.. still have it in my shed out the back...haven't played it in year's..

My first amp is this.I still have it.I got these before i had a guitar.I saw them at a boot sale and bought them because i wanted the 50/50 to see what a valve amp was like with my hi fi.The guy selling wouldn't split them so i bought both in a mesa headcase for £100.A few months later i got the itch to try a guitar through them.Hooked me big time.Played them every day since. I bought a home made cab with a black shadow for £30 to go with them off E bay.
100_0230.jpg
p2.jpg

Was in '78. It was an old '60s Kustom bass amp that I used for a Japanese Montaya Les Paul copy. It had the classic cushioned black wrap, with the purple light. Sounded just like John Fogerty :)

Peavey Basic 40 - It is a solid state amp I got back in 1983 - I used to play it with an old analog Roland Juno-60 keyboard. I still have both - I experimented with several rack preamps and it never had the punch or power to support guitar playing. It still works fine - I am thinking about donating to a local school since I haven't used it several years.

Back